Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connects to MyHS App, But No Devices/Events - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connects to MyHS App, But No Devices/Events - Solved!

I hadn't used the app in a long while. Recently I upgraded from HS3 to HS4. Now when I load up the app and login, I can see the 3 new HS4 plugins I had added, but none of the HS3 plugins, no devices, no events, etc. How do I go about getting the MyHS app to work again? I'm thinking it's an accounts issue. Any suggestions?

Yes you will want to update your myHS account that was "pointing" to your HS3 license to "point" to your HS4 license.

https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS...r+MyHS+Account
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Odd that when I follow the instructions, it already has the HS4 license system tagged, and when I go back to the previous screens to access the system, it is all fine on the browser. But when I use the same login for the mobile app, all I see are the new plugins.

Comment

Which mobile app are you referring to? If you are using HSMobile then ensure your myHS username is listed in your HS4 user accounts with admin + local access. Then use this login to login to HSMobile and it should work.

Comment

Yes, Rupp, it is the HSMobile. With the basic plan, how do I change the one user from local to admin + local? Do I just delete the one user/system and add a new user with full rights?

Comment

If you have an admin user account you can login using that and then edit your myHS user account to set the correct credentials.

Comment

When I log into a web browser, I can see all the devices and events. When I use the mobile app with the same login, there is nothing there except the new HS4 plugins. Can you be more specific on what steps I would need to take?

Comment

Originally posted by DLONG2 View Post
                When I log into a web browser, I can see all the devices and events. When I use the mobile app with the same login, there is nothing there except the new HS4 plugins. Can you be more specific on what steps I would need to take?
                As previously mentioned. If you are using HSMobile then ensure your myHS username is listed as a user in your HS4 user accounts with admin + local access. Then use this login to login to HSMobile and it should work.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	myHS_login.png
Views:	205
Size:	237.5 KB
ID:	1477603

With the basic account, is this what I need to do to assure the login has admin+local access? Delete the system and user and start over? I don't see how I can otherwise change the local user to a admin+local.

Comment

Originally posted by DLONG2 View Post

Name:	myHS_login.png
Views:	205
Size:	237.5 KB
ID:	1477603

With the basic account, is this what I need to do to assure the login has admin+local access? Delete the system and user and start over? I don't see how I can otherwise change the local user to a admin+local.
                    Rupp's support approach leaves a lot to be desired...

Inside HomeSeer, click on Setup -> Users
                    On this screen, enter the myhs user and assign it admin

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	196
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	1477609
                    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks for the lead. I had one user, set as admin and also as local. I was unable to delete it ("last admin account") to try again with a non-local, so I added another one, with admin but not local. I am unable to log in with either of these users in the app.

Comment

I'd recommend putting in a support ticket on this issue.
                        https://dev.homeseer.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/2

Comment

Thanks! Problem resolved by tech support. Just needed to understand which login to use and how to configure it.

Comment

Working...
                          X