Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loading ASPX pages through MyHomeSeer broken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loading ASPX pages through MyHomeSeer broken?

I am able to access static files through MyHomeSeer (html, jpeg, etc) without problems, however I seem to be unable to load ASPX files. What is weird is that it fails to load even a simple ASPX file with no server-side scripts in it - as long as it has the .aspx extension it fails to load.

I've tried a few different things and narrowed it down to the following 100% consistent repro:

1. Restart the HomeSeer server
    2. Try to access the page locally (test2.aspx)
    3. Page loads successfully
    4. Try to access the page through MyHomeSeer
    5. Page does not load, I get the following error: "Timeout from host, source IP: 67.160.118.125" (which is my Internet facing IP)

What's even worse, after #5, the ASPX file no longer loads locally anymore! It's like the ASPX processor in the server gets stuck because of the request through MyHomeSeer. If I go back to #1 (restart HomeSeer) I can run the entire steps again with exactly the same result.

Below is the contents of my simple ASPX file. Any ideas?

Code:
    <%@ Page Language="VB" %>
    <html>
    <body>
    <% response.write("Hello World!") %>
    </body>
    </html>

Old thread, but I have also seen this behavior with HomeSeer handling ASPX pages. Do we have any solutions for this?
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
    jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Originally posted by jeanv View Post
      Old thread, but I have also seen this behavior with HomeSeer handling ASPX pages. Do we have any solutions for this?
      The HomeSeer web server is NOT IIS. It does not fully support ASP and what little it does support is very basic.

Comment

I understand that it is not IIS and that the support is basic. But what I am saying is that it is unstable. It will load and run my ASPX web page about 50% of the time. Other times it hangs and HomeSeer needs to be restarted for ANY ASPX processing to work. Is this a known bug? The ASPX does not have to be complex for this to happen.
        jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

I understand that it is not IIS and that the support is basic. But what I am saying is that it is unstable. It will load and run my ASPX web page about 50% of the time. Other times it hangs and HomeSeer needs to be restarted for ANY ASPX processing to work. Is this a known bug? The ASPX does not have to be complex for this to happen.
          This is known and has been discussed many times. Send it to support and the response has been "We don't support ASP". All I can say is send another email to support. The more that contact support then maybe something will be done or they need to release an official statement that they do not and will not support ASP web pages and kill this subject.

Comment

This is really annoying ... One time it works, few seconds later its loading forever

Comment

I agree... it sucks! It seems to be the case with ALL ASPX pages no matter how simple of complex. There is maybe a known problem with HS3 processing ASPX pages?
              jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

I agree... it sucks! It seems to be the case with ALL ASPX pages no matter how simple of complex. There is maybe a known problem with HS3 processing ASPX pages?
                Are you on Mono?

Comment

No I am not on Mono... this is on HS3 running on a dedicated Windows 7 computer. The problem is also not limited to a single machine, it seems to be the case with HS3 no matter where I run the simple ASPX page from.
                  jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

has this been resolved or are ASP pages still (remotely) unsupported with Hstouch ?
                    Based on my tests, when the android client is remote, it will try to load asp pages via the client browser with the local address (192.xxx.xxx.xxx) which obviously won't work.
                    Current workaround is to use the WAN address in the HStouch element but it defeats the purpose of having local wifi capabilities and not being dependent on the internet.
                    My internet was down yesterday and though I was able to access everything locally, these asp elements are WAN configured and were down.
                    reconfiguring these elements every time there is an internet issue is obviously not an option...

Comment

Working...
                    X