What did I mess up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did I mess up?

I am doing a couple HT-SEL units for a customer, setting them up in my lab and then deploying in the field. Configured and deployed first unit (unit A), setup and registered MYHS, and it worked fine. Always able to connect from my office to unit A.

Now I begin to configure unit B in the lab by restoring the config file from unit A to speed up the process. After a few mis-steps, i get things up and running but want a piece of info from unit A, so I try to connect thru MYHS but it connects me to the unit B on my LAN at 192.168.0.26.

After some re-boots and etc, unit B is now on my LAN at 192.168.0.5. Homeseer deleted the MYHS accounts and I re-registered and verified email on both systems. Now, from my office PC, i try to get into unit A thru MYHS, using the correct email address and password, web browser hangs for several seconds and then displays 192.168.0.26 and a webpage not available message.

Why is MYHS looking for an IP address on my LAN instead of connecting to where the licensed / registered box is located? Is something redirecting it from my LAN or a cache of some sort?

I tried to log on from my cellphone, not on my LAN wireless, over data connection, thru MYHS and got into Unit A properly, same with unit B.

Seems to point to a LAN issue to my limited thinking, any suggestions?
    and thank you in advance

Jurgen

Going to thread jack this a bit if you don't mind -- are you an integrator then that relies upon HomeSeer? How does that work out for you and your customers?

Comment

Yes, I am an integrator, I've done over a dozen simple automation systems using A-10/X-10 receivers.

I think I may have solved my issue.

I had a friend use my MYHS info and credentials to log onto both unit A and unit B and he got in just fine. I then rebooted both boxes remotely and was then able to MYHS into the unit A box from my office PC. Can't tell for sure since unit B is still on my LAN, but I am hoping something in how it re-registers to the network straightens out the addressing in the loop. I'll know for sure Monday evening after I have moved the unit B box to its permanent location.

Comment

Working...
      X