Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Node Red now supported by HS4

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Node Red now supported by HS4

    HS4 build 4.1.3.0 or later is required.

    Some detailed installation instructions are here:

    https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HO...r+use+with+HS4

    Node is here:

    https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-...ntrib-homeseer
    Learn About HomeSeer

    #2
    I am new to node red and downloaded the support package. I was able to see the HS device, but they were not updating. I guess now I know why.
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

    Plug-Ins Enabled:
    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by macromark View Post
      The next build of HS4 will support Node Red. Information on getting started is posted here: https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-...ntrib-homeseer

      HS4 v4.1.3.0 is slated for release later this week.
      This is excellent news for the HS community and team.

      Keep up the good work.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by mik3 View Post

        This is excellent news for the HS community and team.

        Keep up the good work.
        I am interested to have examples of how Node Red can be used within HomeSeer. Wikipedia's definition: "Node-RED is a flow-based development tool for visual programming developed originally by IBM for wiring together hardware devices, APIs and online services as part of the Internet of Things" doesn't mean a lot to me regarding its implementation within HomeSeer. Thanks.

        Comment


          #5
          I'm currently working on getting pool temperature from a DS18B20 / Raspberry Pi into HomeSeer - it looks like this is the way to go?
          HS4Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi4
          68 Z-Wave Nodes, 175 Events, 359 Devices
          UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
          Plugins: Z-Wave, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
          HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Richel View Post

            I am interested to have examples of how Node Red can be used within HomeSeer. Wikipedia's definition: "Node-RED is a flow-based development tool for visual programming developed originally by IBM for wiring together hardware devices, APIs and online services as part of the Internet of Things" doesn't mean a lot to me regarding its implementation within HomeSeer. Thanks.
            It basically allows for a lot of third party integration.

            So, say for example you want to interface with Homeassistant because it has support for a device HS doesn't. Well you could use NR. If HS's virtual switch turns on then node red will send an on command to some device over in HA.

            That's one simple example.

            Some people like to do all their logic under NR. I personally don't. I like HS's event engine way more. It serves my needs just fine.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by mik3 View Post

              It basically allows for a lot of third party integration.

              So, say for example you want to interface with Homeassistant because it has support for a device HS doesn't. Well you could use NR. If HS's virtual switch turns on then node red will send an on command to some device over in HA.

              That's one simple example.

              Some people like to do all their logic under NR. I personally don't. I like HS's event engine way more. It serves my needs just fine.
              Thanks for the example.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                I'm currently working on getting pool temperature from a DS18B20 / Raspberry Pi into HomeSeer - it looks like this is the way to go?
                I do this now, create a device get its id and in node red do a http request get http://xx.xx.xx.xx/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=YYY&value={{{payload}} }
                were xx.xx.xx.xx is the ip address of homeseer and YYY is the virtual device id you also can send data from homeseer to node red, also poll data either way using the get requests

                node red is a great way to use Rpi for all sorts of automation
                i currently have a Rpi zero at my pond and reports water temp PH when and how much water has been added by the auto filler also runs the auto feeder.
                another one runs my automatic gate. i even connected a rotary encoder to the chain drive and i know exactly how much the gate is open(no need to open a 20 foot gate for my motorcycle

                looking forward to seeing if there will be more features

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by radical_fish@hotmail.com View Post

                  I do this now, create a device get its id and in node red do a http request get http://xx.xx.xx.xx/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=YYY&value={{{payload}} }
                  were xx.xx.xx.xx is the ip address of homeseer and YYY is the virtual device id you also can send data from homeseer to node red, also poll data either way using the get requests
                  That's pretty slick. My alternative was to write either linux shell script to curl the value from the RPi to HS, or write a .Net app and use mono.

                  Node Red sounds like it removes all that complexity for me - thanks!

                  HS4Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi4
                  68 Z-Wave Nodes, 175 Events, 359 Devices
                  UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
                  Plugins: Z-Wave, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
                  HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by mik3 View Post

                    It basically allows for a lot of third party integration.

                    So, say for example you want to interface with Homeassistant because it has support for a device HS doesn't. Well you could use NR. If HS's virtual switch turns on then node red will send an on command to some device over in HA.

                    That's one simple example.

                    Some people like to do all their logic under NR. I personally don't. I like HS's event engine way more. It serves my needs just fine.
                    Sounds cloud dependant though - like IFTTT? Except it also sounds like this actually works...?

                    Regardless, awesome to see HS making some leaps and bounds under HS4 - a good sign the back-end overhaul is paving the way to see exciting expansion.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Tillsy View Post

                      Sounds cloud dependant though - like IFTTT? Except it also sounds like this actually works...?
                      No, node-RED runs locally on your machine.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by spud View Post

                        No, node-RED runs locally on your machine.
                        Ohhhhh kayyyyy... now we're talking 😊

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I like what I'm hearing...now for some in depth reading.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            What would be nice is the ability to trigger a flow from en event . so a new event action would be needed.

                            -That event action could enumerate all the homeseer nodered node ( maybe create a new input node into nodered). And also the ability to send a message directly from this event (not just triger the flow)


                            There are numerous way to to this with other means now. But directly beiing able to do it from an event would be user friendly.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by spud View Post

                              No, node-RED runs locally on your machine.
                              Holy moly - will have to do some reading up on this tonight! Cheers 👍

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X