• Show
Clear All

Node Red now supported by HS4

HS4 build 4.1.3.0 or later is required.

Some detailed installation instructions are here:

https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HO...r+use+with+HS4

Node is here:

https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-...ntrib-homeseer
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

I am new to node red and downloaded the support package. I was able to see the HS device, but they were not updating. I guess now I know why.
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
      The next build of HS4 will support Node Red. Information on getting started is posted here: https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-...ntrib-homeseer

HS4 v4.1.3.0 is slated for release later this week.
      This is excellent news for the HS community and team.

Keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by mik3 View Post

This is excellent news for the HS community and team.

Keep up the good work.
        I am interested to have examples of how Node Red can be used within HomeSeer. Wikipedia's definition: "Node-RED is a flow-based development tool for visual programming developed originally by IBM for wiring together hardware devices, APIs and online services as part of the Internet of Things" doesn't mean a lot to me regarding its implementation within HomeSeer. Thanks.
        "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
        "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

I'm currently working on getting pool temperature from a DS18B20 / Raspberry Pi into HomeSeer - it looks like this is the way to go?
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post

I am interested to have examples of how Node Red can be used within HomeSeer. Wikipedia's definition: "Node-RED is a flow-based development tool for visual programming developed originally by IBM for wiring together hardware devices, APIs and online services as part of the Internet of Things" doesn't mean a lot to me regarding its implementation within HomeSeer. Thanks.
            It basically allows for a lot of third party integration.

So, say for example you want to interface with Homeassistant because it has support for a device HS doesn't. Well you could use NR. If HS's virtual switch turns on then node red will send an on command to some device over in HA.

That's one simple example.

Some people like to do all their logic under NR. I personally don't. I like HS's event engine way more. It serves my needs just fine.

Comment

So, say for example you want to interface with Homeassistant because it has support for a device HS doesn't. Well you could use NR. If HS's virtual switch turns on then node red will send an on command to some device over in HA.

Some people like to do all their logic under NR. I personally don't. I like HS's event engine way more. It serves my needs just fine.
              Thanks for the example.
              "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
              "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                I'm currently working on getting pool temperature from a DS18B20 / Raspberry Pi into HomeSeer - it looks like this is the way to go?
                I do this now, create a device get its id and in node red do a http request get http://xx.xx.xx.xx/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=YYY&value={{{payload}} }
                were xx.xx.xx.xx is the ip address of homeseer and YYY is the virtual device id you also can send data from homeseer to node red, also poll data either way using the get requests

node red is a great way to use Rpi for all sorts of automation
                i currently have a Rpi zero at my pond and reports water temp PH when and how much water has been added by the auto filler also runs the auto feeder.
                another one runs my automatic gate. i even connected a rotary encoder to the chain drive and i know exactly how much the gate is open(no need to open a 20 foot gate for my motorcycle

looking forward to seeing if there will be more features

Comment

Originally posted by radical_fish@hotmail.com View Post

I do this now, create a device get its id and in node red do a http request get http://xx.xx.xx.xx/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=YYY&value={{{payload}} }
                  were xx.xx.xx.xx is the ip address of homeseer and YYY is the virtual device id you also can send data from homeseer to node red, also poll data either way using the get requests
                  That's pretty slick. My alternative was to write either linux shell script to curl the value from the RPi to HS, or write a .Net app and use mono.

Node Red sounds like it removes all that complexity for me - thanks!

HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                  54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                  Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Sounds cloud dependant though - like IFTTT? Except it also sounds like this actually works...?

Regardless, awesome to see HS making some leaps and bounds under HS4 - a good sign the back-end overhaul is paving the way to see exciting expansion.

Comment

Originally posted by Tillsy View Post

Sounds cloud dependant though - like IFTTT? Except it also sounds like this actually works...?
                      No, node-RED runs locally on your machine.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

Ohhhhh kayyyyy... now we're talking 😊

Comment

I like what I'm hearing...now for some in depth reading.

Comment

What would be nice is the ability to trigger a flow from en event . so a new event action would be needed.

-That event action could enumerate all the homeseer nodered node ( maybe create a new input node into nodered). And also the ability to send a message directly from this event (not just triger the flow)

There are numerous way to to this with other means now. But directly beiing able to do it from an event would be user friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

Holy moly - will have to do some reading up on this tonight! Cheers 👍

Comment

Working...
                              X