Easily run a Node-Red flow directly from an event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ksum View Post
    So the use case for this is that a HomeSeer event is triggered not by a HomeSeer device but some other means which cannot be duplicated in Node Red? And that that HomeSeer event changes no HomeSeer device. And that this is something that Node Red cannot do without HomeSeer. Is all this correct?

I apologize if this comes across rude, I am not trying to be. Only trying to make sure all parameters are understood and have bee thought out and I am only trying to be clear about all the above conditions. Don't get me wrong, I am all about changing something in one place and having it used wherever it is needed, as opposed to setting it in two places. I am just not finding a case where a HomeSeer event is not triggered by nor changes a HomeSeer device which couldn't be ported over to Node Red and thereby removing HomeSeer from the equation.
    Sure!,

It's as simple as running (events) in Node-RED from HomeSeer but the the other way around of running events in HomeSeer.
    • The HASS event all node does this but I don't use HASS
    • When you have seen what the ioBroker has is even evil! so to put it

Click image for larger version  Name:	HStouch and HomeSeer.png Views:	0 Size:	344.7 KB ID:	1420254

So you can see here am using MQTT and the one down is ioBroker's

You have the systems cross communicating without MQTT. Say you have the physical devices in HomeSeer example the motion sensors which if a HomeSeer event node is available all you do is you pick the sensor from the devices HomeSeer is sending and add a switch node and change nodes and to whatever. Those plugins which are failing to work in HS4 or don't have altogether.
    No event creating in HomeSeer but it is the device status doing the talking.
    As much as I want to I can't for the life of me get the MeiUniFi, UltraHSPIPioneer and Doorbird plugins to work in HS4. But being able to run other systems along side HomeSeer, it's like all is fine this end.

You have seen people complaining that Node-RED hangs from time to time but I have this bad feeling that it's MQTT causing it (there is simply too much traffic - I can hold my judgement on that one)

I can create as another example a Media remote with HStouch and you know that option of " Run a HomeSeer event" have play, pause, stop .....etc control a bunch of players without duplicating them but link them and provided you are not running them at the same time (I have already setup a players virtual device based on what's playing the Amp is switched accordingly) you have no conflicts. So I don't have to use the MQTT but the HomeSeer Event In Node.

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Sorry, Eman but you lost me or I do not understand the discussion here. I thought the discussion was to have a HomeSeer Event trigger a Node Red Flow. Can you give an example of an Event in HomeSeer which is not triggered from a device change, does not change a device, and is not triggered by something that can trigger a Node Red flow? Meaning give me a HomeSeer Event that cannot trigger a Flow and that is triggered by something not available in Node Red. If I can trigger a HomeSeer Event from something other than a Device in HomeSeer I believe I can trigger a Flow in Node Red. For instance, a time based, sunrise/set, etc. I cannot think of a trigger not available in Node Red which is available in HomeSeer outside a device change. What am I missing?
      Karl S
      HS4Pro on Windows 10
      1070 Devices
      56 Z-Wave Nodes
      104 Events
      HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
      Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
        Sorry, Eman but you lost me or I do not understand the discussion here. I thought the discussion was to have a HomeSeer Event trigger a Node Red Flow. Can you give an example of an Event in HomeSeer which is not triggered from a device change, does not change a device, and is not triggered by something that can trigger a Node Red flow? Meaning give me a HomeSeer Event that cannot trigger a Flow and that is triggered by something not available in Node Red. If I can trigger a HomeSeer Event from something other than a Device in HomeSeer I believe I can trigger a Flow in Node Red. For instance, a time based, sunrise/set, etc. I cannot think of a trigger not available in Node Red which is available in HomeSeer outside a device change. What am I missing?
        Can you please read my post again, sorry I was editing from a mobile. And I can't force you to try out ioBroker to see what the issue this is all about.
        It mostly helps connecting the systems without MQTT.

One more point though, at the beginning of this thread I was the one who was against until I saw its potential.

Eman.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Working...
        X