Quality of Living enhancement request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quality of Living enhancement request

It would be nice if the nodes would remember the last selected server or a default server. In my (most?) cases there is only one server to even deal with, so maybe it is check to see if there is only 1 server in the list and default to that one when placing the node into the workspace? It seems the MQTT In node remembers the broker so it should be possible.

Karl
    Karl S
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    1070 Devices
    56 Z-Wave Nodes
    104 Events
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

I agree this would be nice and involve a little less clicking. I tend to copy an existing node then change the values as it copies the full setup of the node to.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

I have also been copying the device node and changing the device/feature as needed. It's a decent workaround but I agree with this feature request.

Comment

IMHO, the HS Server settings should be managed using a Configuration Node. That's what they are for.
        "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
          IMHO, the HS Server settings should be managed using a Configuration Node. That's what they are for.
          they already are

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

they already are
            Correct, so why isn't the "default" server managed that way as well? I guess that was my point.
            "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post

Correct, so why isn't the "default" server managed that way as well? I guess that was my point.
              All HS servers are managed as config nodes. The problem pointed out by OP is that there is no default, so you have to select a server everytime you create a device or an event node. This is a legit feature request but it has nothing to do with the fact that servers are managed as config nodes.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

All HS servers are managed as config nodes. The problem pointed out by OP is that there is no default, so you have to select a server everytime you create a device or an event node. This is a legit feature request but it has nothing to do with the fact that servers are managed as config nodes.

OK. Sorry. I'm just learning but I would think the place to "set the default HS server" would be a config node. Instead of the node having to remember the last node or a default server, it would instead get the default from the config node with the option to override the default. The override would be the exception case.

Sorry again if I'm not getting it.

Ken

<EDIT>

My wife told my I'm not communicating clearly lately so I'll try again. Too many long work days I guess.

What I was trying to say was that I think it would be good (best?) if the config node could be used to set the default server that the nodes would then pick up. The nodes could also have the option to select a server other than the default.

</EDIT>

Comment

Working...
                X