Node Red Server and HS4 webhook availability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Node Red Server and HS4 webhook availability

For anyone new to Node Red and HS4 a word of caution. Ensure that the Webhook you used in HS4 to point at Node Red is always available.

I had to take Node Red down for maintenance yesterday and got interrupted in the process. Didn’t get back to Node Red until later in the day and the HS4 log was swamped with “Connection closed at 1880” error messages for obvious reasons.

If for any reason Node Red isn’t for you remember when you stop the Node Red service you must also disable the HS4 Webhook that points to it.

Shouldn’t be a major issue for most but for those using HS4 via an SD card all those log writes in rapid succession is one sure way of killing your SD card.

I noticed that also, I will change it so it only logs once after it was working ok. No real need to flood the log. I could also add some status on the web hook setting as that is where you will probably go if things are not working.

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
    For anyone new to Node Red and HS4 a word of caution. Ensure that the Webhook you used in HS4 to point at Node Red is always available.

I had to take Node Red down for maintenance yesterday and got interrupted in the process. Didn’t get back to Node Red until later in the day and the HS4 log was swamped with “Connection closed at 1880” error messages for obvious reasons.

If for any reason Node Red isn’t for you remember when you stop the Node Red service you must also disable the HS4 Webhook that points to it.

Shouldn’t be a major issue for most but for those using HS4 via an SD card all those log writes in rapid succession is one sure way of killing your SD card.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      I could also add some status on the web hook setting as that is where you will probably go if things are not working.
      Great idea - when time permits that could be useful for cameras too 👍

Comment

I now start Node Red as a service to help mitigate against this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
          I now start Node Red as a service to help mitigate against this issue.
          That is a good idea and do this as well. However, it would not have helped the OP since he intentionally shut down NodeRed for maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by drhtmal View Post

That is a good idea and do this as well. However, it would not have helped the OP since he intentionally shut down NodeRed for maintenance.
            I suggest a HA Node-RED cluster

---
            John

Comment

Originally posted by drhtmal View Post

I run all my servers with a service daemon. Wouldn’t be much point running without one, power outages etc.

Rich has picked this up so no doubt he’ll suppress the endless stream of logging in due course.

Comment

Working...
              X