Node-red gives double update bug.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ksum View Post
    There is also the Throttle contrib which can limit passing messages to once every X seconds. So setting it to 10 seconds means it only passes a message once every 10 seconds.
    Hi ksum,

yeah i did try that one but doesnt work at all.
    i used By Count but when select 2 counts it still trigger the wrong one.
    regards
    Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
    Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Looking back at your debug items: If the device's Value and Status will always ultimately be the same, and you do not want to proceed until they are, add a Switch node which has one condition. status=value. It appears the switch comparison will compare a string to number:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	hs3.png
Views:	130
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	1428820

This put this in after teh HomeSeer item and you will only go past it when the two are equal. If they may have different values, then we need to find something else to filter on.
      Karl S
      HS4Pro on Windows 10
      1070 Devices
      56 Z-Wave Nodes
      104 Events
      HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
      Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Did you guys try the "contains" condition in the switch node?

Eman.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Looking back at your debug items: If the device's Value and Status will always ultimately be the same, and you do not want to proceed until they are, add a Switch node which has one condition. status=value. It appears the switch comparison will compare a string to number:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	hs3.png Views:	0 Size:	15.9 KB ID:	1428820

This put this in after teh HomeSeer item and you will only go past it when the two are equal. If they may have different values, then we need to find something else to filter on.
          I did try that and it does not trigger,
          i think thats because that there is a very small chance that value gets a delay aswell so it can't compare to status.
          Well i did try throttle and got it to work and works very good.

Comment

Also i did find out another issue related by the double data,

in node-red itself (webbrowser) when i debug a device by a plugin, for example my power produce it sends the message 1x, thats allright.

when i check in the node-red command window i see this (double data)
            while in my web browser using debug it sends only 1x..
            i dont know if this is normal, but i checked influxdb and the data is 1x thats good

{
            ref: 6000,
            name: 'Electricity produced (current)',
            location2: 'Plugwise Smile',
            value: 1522,
            last_change: '/Date(1603787318330+0100)/'
            }
            device update:
            {
            ref: 6000,
            name: 'Electricity produced (current)',
            location2: 'Plugwise Smile',
            value: 1522,
            last_change: '/Date(1603787318330+0100)/'
            }
            device update:

Comment

Maybe the Command Window is showing the the data sent down each wire? If I understand you correctly this is when you have a debug connected to a node and also another item connected to that node. I am not sure what you mean by the Command Window, though, so I cannot see if I get the same behavior.
              Karl S
              HS4Pro on Windows 10
              1070 Devices
              56 Z-Wave Nodes
              104 Events

Comment

Maybe the Command Window is showing the the data sent down each wire? If I understand you correctly this is when you have a debug connected to a node and also another item connected to that node. I am not sure what you mean by the Command Window, though, so I cannot see if I get the same behavior.
                ow sorry i mean windows command window.

Comment

Okay. I am running on a Raspberry Pi. I believe you are seeing the logging, which would show multiple wires. Try connecting another debug node, or better, a switch or other node which can be a dead end so you have 3 wires coming out and see if you now have it report 3 times. If it does, you are seeing a log of each wire. Which would make sense. I posted in the Node Red Slack to ask if this is true but have not yet received a reply. If/when I do I will update here.
                  Karl S
                  HS4Pro on Windows 10
                  1070 Devices
                  56 Z-Wave Nodes
                  104 Events

Comment

Okay. I am running on a Raspberry Pi. I believe you are seeing the logging, which would show multiple wires. Try connecting another debug node, or better, a switch or other node which can be a dead end so you have 3 wires coming out and see if you now have it report 3 times. If it does, you are seeing a log of each wire. Which would make sense. I posted in the Node Red Slack to ask if this is true but have not yet received a reply. If/when I do I will update here.
                    i did check but nothing connected,
                    look my screenshot Click image for larger version

Name:	nodered1.png
Views:	94
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	1429317

Comment

2 of the above ref : have similar details .....?? What are you looking for in those details?

Eman.

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
                        2 of the above ref : have similar details .....?? What are you looking for in those details?

Eman.

If u look at ref:5998 its exactly the same.
                        they are double, thats what i'm looking at

so its still double reporting somehow, i just want to know if thats normal or not.

Comment

Have you tried connecting a second debug node and see if you get 3 of the same? I am thinking that is standard for debug messages but I have no response in the Node Red slack. Since you are not seeing any additional messages in the browser nor influxdb then you should be good.
                          Karl S
                          HS4Pro on Windows 10
                          1070 Devices
                          56 Z-Wave Nodes
                          104 Events

Comment

Malosa Is that duplicate message coming out of a Switch node which has multiple conditions and all conditions are being tested? Wondering if it is passing two tests and reporting such.
                            Karl S
                            HS4Pro on Windows 10
                            1070 Devices
                            56 Z-Wave Nodes
                            104 Events

Comment

How do your HomeSeer nodes look inside (properties)? Do you have the check box enabled?

Because if checked the node reports back to Node-RED (let's hope it's not that)

Eman.

Comment

Malosa Is that duplicate message coming out of a Switch node which has multiple conditions and all conditions are being tested? Wondering if it is passing two tests and reporting such.
                                ksum well if that was true all other devices would report double aswell, all the nodes are the same, i used one to change the payload name on all of them.
                                Well i must say on influxdb its not double, so it could be a normal debug thing.. idk

my last couple of value's in influx db, all good
                                Code:
                                1603953171906000000 0.771
                                1603953413598000000 0.827
                                1603953720205000000 0.883
                                1603954024897000000 0.935
                                1603956468355000000 0.958
                                1603956711694000000 0.963
                                1603957932516000000 0.976
                                1603958241583000000 1.026
                                1603958544257000000 1.083
                                1603958851835000000 1.089
                                1603961231830000000 1.206

Originally posted by Eman View Post
                                How do your HomeSeer nodes look inside (properties)? Do you have the check box enabled?

Because if checked the node reports back to Node-RED (let's hope it's not that)

Eman.
                                Eman
                                No check enabled.

Comment

Working...
                                X