Version 1.0.5 produces 2 outgoing messages when passed a topic of control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 1.0.5 produces 2 outgoing messages when passed a topic of control

It seems that after the upgrade to V1.0.5 of the contrib I get two outgoing messages when I change the value of a HomeSeer device by passing a Status different from the current setting and topic of control. If the Status is the same as the HomeSeer device's current setting I get one outbound message. I do not remember this happening before. Am I off in thinking this is different from what we got before? Is anyone else experiencing this?
    Karl S
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    1070 Devices
    56 Z-Wave Nodes
    104 Events
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

I don't think this is a new behavior in 1.0.5
    I haven't tested, but if I look at the code I see that when a control topic is received by a node it sends the control action to HS, and then sends a msg containing the state of the device returned by HS as the response of the control action. Then if the control action results in a status or value change, HS will send this update through the webhook.to node-red, which is then sent by your HS Device node.
    We probably don't need the first message....

Comment

Can I put a request in to remove the first message, then? Since we added the status topic I could use that if I needed it.

Also, since I am requesting, a request to initiate a flow from an Event? Basically if an Event is run in HomeSeer or by a flow, have it report back to Node Red? It would be nice to be able to pass something to Node Red, but at least initiating the flow has been asked for and would be helpful.
      Karl S
      HS4Pro on Windows 10
      1070 Devices
      56 Z-Wave Nodes
      104 Events
      HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
      Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Also the ability to send wtv we want to node reddrom an event. . Like with mqtt. It is also easy to send a get to achieve that so I guess it is doable.

Comment

Working...
        X