Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to write to the HS Log from Node-RED?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any way to write to the HS Log from Node-RED?

I'm working on a flow that needs to log HTTP request failures to HS. Is this possible?
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

You could create a virtual device and update it which would then make a log entry. Or run an event to create a log entry via a script command or full script. Probably more flexibility using a virtual device as I'm not sure you can pass data to an event and have the script/command use such. I'm on vacation and not able to test that, so I could be wrong on the event comment.
    Karl S
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    1070 Devices
    56 Z-Wave Nodes
    104 Events
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Thanks. An event to put an entry in the log is good enough. All I'm really looking for is something within HS that tells me something isn't working right in NR. From there I can go to NR and enable a debug node.

If I want to get fancier, I'll write the message to a virtual device status and then write the device status to the log.

Enjoy your vacation.
      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Why not send yourself a message from Node-RED when something isn't working in Node-RED? Could be via e-mail, a push notification (can reply to them as well if using the Msart NORA contrib) or there are other ways as well.
        Karl S
        HS4Pro on Windows 10
        1070 Devices
        56 Z-Wave Nodes
        104 Events
        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
        Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
          Why not send yourself a message from Node-RED when something isn't working in Node-RED? Could be via e-mail, a push notification (can reply to them as well if using the Msart NORA contrib) or there are other ways as well.
          I prefer to keep "system" notifications internal as to not rely on external services. In the end I decided to send an MQTT message and have mcsMQTT pick it up and write it to the HS log. It also turns on a virtual device to tell me that an error has occurred.

Comment

Working...
          X