Help - updating an iobroker object value via node red flow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - updating an iobroker object value via node red flow

I've got iobroker running on my nas in docker with node red and adapters for Kodi, Ring and Denon.

I'm fine for updating HS devices via node Red, I can read iobroker object values and flow from those. I can also for example go into the denon objects and change the input select.

What i am struggling with an cannot find any reference online is how to change an iobroker object value from the node red flow. I'm sure this is just a syntax issue but i'm drawing blanks.

Below is the object in iobroker

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	37.2 KB ID:	1577228

I'm assuming that i need to update this via an Iobroker out flow:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	8 Size:	44.6 KB ID:	1577229

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	6 Size:	54.0 KB ID:	1577230

I'm sure this is something simple but I'm just not getting it. Hopefully someone has a quick flow link to point me in the right direction.

Thanks​​​

I have not used the iobroker and don't believe I have anything to test it with, but when you select an iobroker out now placed on the central flow field, have you looked at the Information and Help for the node? On the far right of the browser window there are tabs and hopefully there is more information there as to what the node is looking for.

This image is highlighting the Dashboard location but the Information and Help area also shown.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	open-node-red-dashboard.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	1577240

Karl S
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    1070 Devices
    56 Z-Wave Nodes
    104 Events
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Hi Karl,

The dashboard view doesn't show anything useful but thanks for checking. Ithink i have it sussed though I started with an inject:

Name:	image.png
Views:	376
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	1577247

Views:	364
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	1577249

This was changing the value in the iobroker object but was not changing the input on the AVR.

I had the iobroker out node set to value, but changing it to control appeared to change the input on the AVR so all looking good now.

Views:	359
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	1577248

Next thing will be to replicate the inject nodes with Change nodes so that i can flow the input change based on other values.

Comment

Sorry, I grabbed an image that highlighted the Dashboard yeah selection but intended it as a way to also show where the Information and Help tabs are found. I'm away from a computer so I couldn't grab an image for the intended tabs. The Help or Information should have notes on a selected node's use. Including what it is looking for. Off the top of my head I believe it is the Help tab. At the eye it should have a link to online documentation.
        Karl S
        HS4Pro on Windows 10
        1070 Devices
        56 Z-Wave Nodes
        104 Events
        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
        Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Hello Ferel,
          why not use McsMQTT/Mosquitto, and MQTT client in IOBROKER​

JF

Comment

Hi JF,

Apologies have been away. I've got MQTT working from iobroker as i use that to update HS with battery levels etc. It seemed to make more sense to utilise the objects that are natively in iobroker/node red objecta via adaptors then to send MQTT commands to replicate them.

Comment

Got this working properly now. When I take the Nvidia shield out of standby it powers on the sub and switches the avr input to media player. I was using the Kodi iobroker addin but saw from another thread on here that the shield has chromecast built in, the iobroker adapter for chromecast will report the state of the device.

Comment

Working...
              X