Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexa remote 2 pallette needs re authorising every few days

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Alexa remote 2 pallette needs re authorising every few days

    I have a problem with my alexa remote 2. Every few days I have to manually retrieve my Alexa cookie again. It should automatically do it every 3 days. It doesn't and I don't understand why. I run node red in iobroker on docker on a synology NAS. As a path I have set C:/Alexa/cookie.txt.This was working fine when I had node red running on my windows 10 pc.

    #2
    I just paste the cookie text into the cookie field in NR. Try that.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	518
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	1422294

    Comment


      #3
      I am pretty sure I tried that first of all, and I believe that only worked for a few days. I thought you need to refresh that cokkie every few days. I could be wrong though. I am in the UK, if that makes a difference. Next problem is I cannot see the cookie.txt file on my NAS. Maybe there is a way to see the file, but I would not know how to. So thats the next problem then, authorising from the NAS IP and grabbing the cookie
      Attached Files

      Comment


        #4
        I just restarted node red (after updaing some palletes and I had to authorise again. Maybe its every time I have to restart not just every few days. Very strange.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
          I just restarted node red (after updaing some palletes and I had to authorise again. Maybe its every time I have to restart not just every few days. Very strange.
          Can you tell if c:/alexa/cookie.txt is being updated each time you authenticate? If you delete it and restart node-red, do you have to reauthorize, and then what is in the file? Is it being recreated when you authenticate?
          tenholde

          Comment


            #6
            The problem is I cannot see the files of iobroker or node red on my nas. They must be in a hidden directory. Even with view hidde items ticked, I cannot see them. So I cannot tell if its being updated. It must be created as it stays authorised for a couple of days at least or until I restart node red

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
              The problem is I cannot see the files of iobroker or node red on my nas. They must be in a hidden directory. Even with view hidde items ticked, I cannot see them. So I cannot tell if its being updated. It must be created as it stays authorised for a couple of days at least or until I restart node red
              There are ways you can access ioBroker plugins but a bit tricky and all depends on how your ioBroker is installed (If on Synology, the container has to be running then click on Details then click on Terminal . Because it's not advisable to configure ioBroker from under the hood, you must first find where and how it is done (it can be done! like in some cases you want to install Node-RED nodes not yet in the repository = e.g : https://forum.iobroker.net/topic/116...rt-von-nodes/3 [You Have To Translate That!])

              Synology Docker Container :

              Click image for larger version

Name:	Edit ioBroker.png
Views:	550
Size:	327.1 KB
ID:	1422478


              Tip : the command to install nano # apt install nano (be aware of the folder structure!. You have be in the right folders of whatever you are doing)


              Eman.
              TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Eman View Post

                There are ways you can access ioBroker plugins but a bit tricky and all depends on how your ioBroker is installed (If on Synology, the container has to be running then click on Details then click on Terminal . Because it's not advisable to configure ioBroker from under the hood, you must first find where and how it is done (it can be done! like in some cases you want to install Node-RED nodes not yet in the repository = e.g : https://forum.iobroker.net/topic/116...rt-von-nodes/3 [You Have To Translate That!])

                Synology Docker Container :

                Click image for larger version

Name:	Edit ioBroker.png
Views:	550
Size:	327.1 KB
ID:	1422478


                Tip : the command to install nano # apt install nano (be aware of the folder structure!. You have be in the right folders of whatever you are doing)


                Eman.
                I think I got to the right directory (I tried to get to it via Windows explorer first which is obviously the wrong approach). But when I type dir (does that dos command work on the synology os ?) But cannot see any node red files, like the flows.json or my cookie.txt file

                Attached Files

                Comment


                  #9
                  Because Node-RED is ioBroker's module then there should another directory (dir) deeper "/node_modules thus /opt/iobroker/node_modules/iobroker.node-red/node_modules to the Node-RED plugins (Node-RED is ioBroker's plugin) and the plugins you install inside Node-RED belong to Node-RED

                  TIP :
                  I don't know if you have already seen the ioBroker Alexa plugin which I think you can configure through the UI? Or I don't know if it offers the same features or not (ask )


                  Eman.
                  TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

                  Comment


                    #10
                    This directory (node_modules) does not exist was the message I got when trying to change to it. I am having a look at the Alexa Iobroker versio now. See if I can route my MQTT TTS messages through it like I can with Node red alexa remote2

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I tried changing to that directory (cd /opt/iobroker/node_modules/iobroker.node-red/node_modules) but got an error that directory does not exist. I had a look at the Iobroker Alexa plugin, I could not authorise it, but looking at the description, it would not have given me the functionality I want (send MQTT messages from HS4 to Alexa as TTS)

                      Comment


                        #12
                        This library is made by apollon77 https://github.com/Apollon77/alexa-remote
                        . He does use the same library on iobroker, so you will get best support from iobroker directly.


                        The same ilbrary is used by the ndoered package , this is just a node-red wrapper.



                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
                          This library is made by apollon77 https://github.com/Apollon77/alexa-remote
                          . He does use the same library on iobroker, so you will get best support from iobroker directly.


                          The same ilbrary is used by the ndoered package , this is just a node-red wrapper.


                          Thanks for that. I am testing pasting the Alexa cookie text and using that instead of the proxy authentication. If that stopps working, I'll contact him directly to see if he can help.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by mikee123 View Post

                            Thanks for that. I am testing pasting the Alexa cookie text and using that instead of the proxy authentication. If that stopps working, I'll contact him directly to see if he can help.
                            I've done the same thing today. I was using the proxy method but it seems things stops working after a few days. If the cookie method works reliably over time, I'll remove the proxy method from the How To.
                            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by macromark View Post

                              I've done the same thing today. I was using the proxy method but it seems things stops working after a few days. If the cookie method works reliably over time, I'll remove the proxy method from the How To.
                              I had an issue of it stopping working every 2 or 3 days with no error messages and Node Red showing success, just silence from Alexa. Doing anything then re-deploying would get it working again. I use the proxy method.
                              I followed suggestions to set another flow with an Alexa-Init node with a recurring trigger. This cured the issue for me. I started with a 6 hour recurring trigger but I did get the issue one time subsequently so changed it to a 30 minute trigger. It has been fine now for a few weeks now. I might might experiment with increasing the trigger interval.

                              Steve

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X