Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I make my Echo speak when devices change? - TTS is configured!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ksum View Post
    macromark...If instead you wanted to have a HomeSeer device report only specific status changes, well that's easy! You use a Switch node after the HomeSeer node and only have it check msg.payload.staus for the values you want. Then connect those all (night only be one) to the change node after the HomeSeer one.
    Yes, this is exactly what I was looking for. Thank again Karl! 👍

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Marty_B View Post

Code:
      object
      ref: 556

name: "Alexa Garage Door Open"

location2: "Virtual Devices"

value: 100

last_change: "/Date(1605472363860-0500)/"

text: "The is On"
      The text is spoken by Alexa as "The is on"
      ksum This is also what I'm seeing on some devices. "voice_command" is not in the debug log.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

ksum This is also what I'm seeing on some devices. "voice_command" is not in the debug log.
        I think this is because when HS4 sends update to node-red via the webhook, it only sends a few fields (ref, name, value, status, location, location2)
        Anyway, I think it would be better to add the node name in the message so that you can use something like msg.node_name instead of msg.payload.voice_command in your flow. If you agree I will add that in the next version.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

I think this is because when HS4 sends update to node-red via the webhook, it only sends a few fields (ref, name, value, status, location, location2)
          Anyway, I think it would be better to add the node name in the message so that you can use something like msg.node_name instead of msg.payload.voice_command in your flow. If you agree I will add that in the next version.
          That would be awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

I had expected that a Status or Control request, as well as an update coming out from HomeSeer would all contain the same information, spud If this is not the case, I believe it would be good. Having all the device information is nice in some cases.
            Karl S
            HS4Pro on Windows 10
            1070 Devices
            56 Z-Wave Nodes
            104 Events
            HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
            Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

I had expected that a Status or Control request, as well as an update coming out from HomeSeer would all contain the same information, spud If this is not the case, I believe it would be good. Having all the device information is nice in some cases.
              Yeah... this is not the case, I will add a enhancement request so that HS4 send all the device info when sending an update through the webhook.

Comment

in version 1.0.5 of node-red-contrib-homeseer, any message sent from a HS Device node, now has a nodeName property which is set with the name of the node.

so, macromark instead of using msg.payload.voice_command or another workaround, you can use msg.nodeName.

Comment

Sweet Add, spud !!! Thank you!!
                  Karl S
                  HS4Pro on Windows 10
                  1070 Devices
                  56 Z-Wave Nodes
                  104 Events

Comment

macromark did I misunderstand your request? I thought you wanted to only announce when the doors from your other examples were opened/closed when there was motion being reported by a sensor. If instead you wanted to have a HomeSeer device report only specific status changes, well that's easy! You use a Switch node after the HomeSeer node and only have it check msg.payload.staus for the values you want. Then connect those all (night only be one) to the change node after the HomeSeer one.
                    Karl - This works really well for a sensor that has "Motion" and "No Event" status strings. However, I have some motion sensors that have "Motion" and "No Motion". So, I would want to filter out the "No Motion" status announcements. How would I do this? There is no "Does Not Contain" function.

Comment

Put 2 items in the Switch node, macromark The first one looks for "No Motion" and the second looks for "Motion" with the setting at the bottom of the node set to "stopping after first match." This will give you two outputs. Connect the second but not the first. I can get images if you need them.
                      Karl S
                      HS4Pro on Windows 10
                      1070 Devices
                      56 Z-Wave Nodes
                      104 Events

Comment

Put 2 items in the Switch node, macromark The first one looks for "No Motion" and the second looks for "Motion" with the setting at the bottom of the node set to "stopping after first match." This will give you two outputs. Connect the second but not the first. I can get images if you need them.
                        This? Not sure I understand the logic? If the status is "No Motion", the first match would be "Contains Motion"... which is does. Wouldn't it just pass "No Motion" to the Alexa Routine node?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Close! Grab the 3 line icon on the left of the No Motion one by and drag it up above the other. Just like a drag and drop file move/copy in Windows.
                          Karl S
                          HS4Pro on Windows 10
                          1070 Devices
                          56 Z-Wave Nodes
                          104 Events

Comment

Close! Grab the 3 line icon on the left of the No Motion one by and drag it up above the other. Just like a drag and drop file move/copy in Windows.
                            How does that prevent Alexa from speaking "No Motion" while is allows "Motion"? I still don't understand why.

Comment

With "No Motion" being first, and having it stop at the first instance, the flow will go to the first output in the Switch node when there is No Motion. Do not connect that output to anything and the flow stops there. It will look similar ro this in the flow diagram:
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	hs3.png
Views:	139
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	1434554
                              So if the first condition is met, nothing happens. If the second is met, it continues on down the flow. Make sense?
                              Karl S
                              HS4Pro on Windows 10
                              1070 Devices
                              56 Z-Wave Nodes
                              104 Events

Comment

With "No Motion" being first, and having it stop at the first instance, the flow will go to the first output in the Switch node when there is No Motion. Do not connect that output to anything and the flow stops there. It will look similar ro this in the flow diagram:
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	hs3.png
Views:	139
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	1434554
                                So if the first condition is met, nothing happens. If the second is met, it continues on down the flow. Make sense?
                                THAT was the missing bit of data that I needed! OK, so the switch node with X rules has X connectors. Got it. I understand now. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                                X