Executing Alexa routines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Executing Alexa routines

I have a few Alexa routines that play online radio stations at preset volumes on schedules, etc. I’d really like to kick these off with the if-then-else power of HS.

I have node red running and the HS & Alexa palettes loaded and it seems to be communicating properly as both palettes are populated with my setup.

Can anyone get me started on setting up a basic flow to kick off one of these routines via HS? It doesn’t seem intuitive to me.

Thanks in advance!

Can you be a little more specific? What from HomeSeer would you expect to kick off the routine? Does it have to start from HomeSeer?

Also, did you add the Alexa Remote2 contrib to node red or a different one? Most use the Remote2 contrib.

If you just want any change of a honest device to kick off the routine, place a HomeSeer Device node and select the desired device. Then place an Alexa Routine too the right of that. Set this up Execute Routine where it says Speak and select your routine. Then connect a wire from the output (right side) of the HomeSeer node to the input (left side) of the Alexa node. Note anytime that honest device changes, the routine should run.

To limit this to only run if the honest device is set to On, add a Switch node between the two nodes above. That switch will have one output. It will look at the Property msg.payload.status for a text value is On add shown below.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201117-232004.png
Views:	266
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	1434362

This flow will look similar to this
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201117-232530.png
Views:	222
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	1434363
    Karl S
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    1070 Devices
    56 Z-Wave Nodes
    104 Events
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
      Can you be a little more specific? What from HomeSeer would you expect to kick off the routine? Does it have to start from HomeSeer?

Also, did you add the Alexa Remote2 contrib to node red or a different one? Most use the Remote2 contrib.

If you just want any change of a honest device to kick off the routine, place a HomeSeer Device node and select the desired device. Then place an Alexa Routine too the right of that. Set this up Execute Routine where it says Speak and select your routine. Then connect a wire from the output (right side) of the HomeSeer node to the input (left side) of the Alexa node. Note anytime that honest device changes, the routine should run.

To limit this to only run if the honest device is set to On, add a Switch node between the two nodes above. That switch will have one output. It will look at the Property msg.payload.status for a text value is On add shown below.
      This is exactly what I needed. Thanks much!

Comment

Is there someplace for more documentation. Installed node red from their website with all the command line stuff, but don't see how to tie it into HS or even use it.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rschein View Post
          Is there someplace for more documentation. Installed node red from their website with all the command line stuff, but don't see how to tie it into HS or even use it.

Thanks

Take a look here: https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-...ntrib-homeseer

Edit:

and here: https://github.com/HomeSeer/node-red-contrib-homeseer
          "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Working...
          X