Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avoiding the "I don't kn..." response from the node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2 contrib

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avoiding the "I don't kn..." response from the node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2 contrib

I just had someone on a Discord server suggest this to get around the Alexa response "I don't kn (Continues with the flow's confirmation)." issue. I am just cutting and pasting. I do not use Alexa to know anything about setting up Skills or anything else:
    you can side step that "i do not know..." response by enabling the skill "My Questions"
    a while ago, there was a commercial that was like "alexa, who is the best mom in the world" and she would respond with the custom response that you set
    basically i use this skill to say "okay" to a question i create
    and the question i ask is "when is high tide?" or something like that
    or the response is "checking" and i have her say the tide chart, or water temperature, or if the diguno is back in stock after some web scraping

So anyone using Alexa on any regular basis can hopefully help from here. Yes, I have an Echo but only because it was under $10 USD and I use it for helping others.

~Karl
    ​​​​​​​
    Karl S
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    1070 Devices
    56 Z-Wave Nodes
    104 Events
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Originally posted by ksum View Post
    I just had someone on a Discord server suggest this to get around the Alexa response "I don't kn (Continues with the flow's confirmation)." issue. I am just cutting and pasting. I do not use Alexa to know anything about setting up Skills or anything else:
    you can side step that "i do not know..." response by enabling the skill "My Questions"
    a while ago, there was a commercial that was like "alexa, who is the best mom in the world" and she would respond with the custom response that you set
    basically i use this skill to say "okay" to a question i create
    and the question i ask is "when is high tide?" or something like that
    or the response is "checking" and i have her say the tide chart, or water temperature, or if the diguno is back in stock after some web scraping

So anyone using Alexa on any regular basis can hopefully help from here. Yes, I have an Echo but only because it was under $10 USD and I use it for helping others.

~Karl
    I do not see ‘’my questions’’ skill. Maybe this is a ‘’blueprint’’ feature. Didn’t tried it yet

Comment

What is that discord server ?

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
        What is that discord server ?
        DrZzs I believe I am the only HomeSeer user there. I am on that and Jonathan Oxer's SuperHouse TV one.
        Karl S
        HS4Pro on Windows 10
        1070 Devices
        56 Z-Wave Nodes
        104 Events

Comment

Of course that skill isn't in Canada, as usual!

Comment

Here is what I was given for finding that skill:
            It's under skill blueprints and also called Custom Q&A it is weird getting it set up and finding it. I don't know how to search for it. But scrolling down the skills and games it is a big blue box.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210116-221703.png
Views:	137
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	1448722
            Karl S
            HS4Pro on Windows 10
            1070 Devices
            56 Z-Wave Nodes
            104 Events