Cannot find module debug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot find module debug

Hi Thanks for bringing Alexa into Node Red for use with Homeseer. I am fairly new to Node Red , but having it working well with HS4. I tried to initialize the Alexa routine using proxy and when I deploy I get an error :cannot find module debug. Not sure where to go from here?

Thanks

Will

Which Node-RED contrib are you using for the Alexa integration? I believe node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2-applestrudel is the one you currently want to use. Also, which set of instructions are you using? I would suggest the sticky How To Enable Alexa TTS Announcements of HomeSeer Device Status post.

Basically, we will need more information to be able to assist. Also, what are your plans? Some items are better handled outside Node-RED. The Alexa stuff seems to be less than stable with Node-RED. Not a HomeSeer thing, all on the Alexa side and how the Node-RED contribs are work together.
    Karl S
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    1070 Devices
    56 Z-Wave Nodes
    104 Events
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Thank you for your Response. I am using the applestrudel deployment. I have tried the cookie approach and the proxy approach as suggested in the article you mentioned above. Still get the "Cannot find module debug under the routine when I deploy Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-04-25 173020.png
Views:	152
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	1539883

Comment

I got it to work with the cookie approach . Thank you

Comment

Glad you got it working. Do you know what you had wrong?

Note that you might want to look at the Voice Monkey plugin if you are just doing announcements. This plugin also supports triggering Alexa routines from Homeseer not related to TTS (Alexa speech). I believe this is still a free plugin.
          Karl S
          HS4Pro on Windows 10
          1070 Devices
          56 Z-Wave Nodes
          104 Events
          HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
          Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Working...
          X