No announcement yet.

Looking for z-wave battery powered switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks... actually, I think I'll place the solution (I'm leaning towards the curtain module) under the floor in the basement and then just run a wire pair to the contacts. These only need to close and since they are done so with the receiver module which uses a couple of D-batteries, I think this is the easiest and safest solution.
    I thought I had a universal module - but don't so will probably go with the z-wave blind module as it's cheap and I read that someone was using it for the same purpose.

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I have not used the curtain module, but if you end up using it be sure to double check the manual and operation. from what I have read the output signals (open/close/stop) will trigger and then time out after configurable time out period. So if that is indeed the case, you may have to use latching relays to achieve longer times.

good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post

I thought I had a universal module - but don't so will probably go with the z-wave blind module as it's cheap and I read that someone was using it for the same purpose.

Robert

You can still buy an x10 universal module on Amazon if you want, but you should use z-wave because it is much more reliable. X10 is not a good choice for controlling a fireplace. I used x10 because it was the only thing available at the time.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Yeah... I don't want to trust X-10 for this either. I'm also thinking the curtain module may not work either... Still trying to get answers. Saying that, I'm now leaning towards https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Z-Wa...words=mimolite

Robert
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I would have thought that a Z-wave isolated contact relay would work. I have the LFM-20 that I use for my garage doors. When you energise the 110v side it closes the normally open circuit on the LV side. You could extend the LV wires from the basement.
            cheeryfool

Comment

Working...
            X