Thermostat help for my Hvac fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermostat help for my Hvac fan

Hey guys. I have three thermostats. One is a master and other two are slaves. I installed three CT100 zwave thermostats. Have been having compatibility issues with my Hvac system. Now in order for all three floors to work the master has to be set on "fan on"and has to be set on either heat or AC as well. Problem is my fan runs now 24/7 and I don't want to burn it out.

Is it possible to create a bunch of events so fan can turn off and on.

Would below work???

Thermostat event 1
    If device "thermostat 1 temperature" is lower than device" thermostat 1 heat set point" and if thermostat 1 is set to heat mode then turn on Virtual device 1

Thermostat event 2
    If device "thermostat 2 temperature" is lower than device" thermostat 2 heat set point" and if thermostat 2 is set to heat mode then turn on Virtual device 2

Thermostat event 3
    If device "thermostat 3 temperature" is lower than device" thermostat 3 heat set point" and if thermostat 3 is set to heat mode then turn on Virtual device 3

Thermostat event 4
    If virtual device 1,2,and 3 is on then turn On fan.

Now for turning fan off

Thermostat event 5
    If device "thermostat 1 temperature" is equal to or higher than device" thermostat 1 heat set point" and if thermostat 1 is set heat mode then turn off Virtual device 4

Thermostat event 6
    If device "thermostat 2 temperature" is equal to or higher than device" thermostat 2 heat set point" and if thermostat 2 is set to heat mode then turn off Virtual device 5

Thermostat event 7
    If device "thermostat 3 temperature" is equal to or higher than device" thermostat 3 heat set point" and if thermostat 3 is set to heat mode then turn off Virtual device 6

Thermostat event 8
    If virtual device 4 5, and 6 is off then turn off fan.

Now I'm assuming I would need to do the exact same thing for AC mode and cool set point per each thermostat again?

Am I making things to complicated. Easier way to do this?

I probably don't understand your setup, so please forgive me if I'm off base here.

How are the thermostats wired? Do you have a zoned system?

I would expect that if any of the the thermostats was calling for heat or cool that they would set their fan control output to On. If they are all controlling a one-zone system, could you wire the fan control wires from all the thermostats in parallel, so that if any of them is calling, the fan is on?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

3 zoned system

According to 2 gig I set everything up correctly. I had an Hvac guy a year ago come to replace a burned out fan. He said thermostats weren't compatible with my system but honestly I don't think he knows anything about home automation. He said would cost be 1000-1500 to upgrade my system. My house is only 15 years. So I just wondering if there was something I could set up like this with events or maybe I'll get a second opinion.

Comment

How about Easytrigger to set your main unit values of fan and heat to match value of aux stat if they trigger?

Comment

If your setup works with the fan running 24/7 then let the fan run. New blower motors are designed to run 24/7. It should not fail because it runs continuously.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
          2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

I have 4 of these aggravating things....

You might want to check here on pages 10 and 11...

The CT-100s have issues, period. However, as far as I could determine, CT-100s + Homeseer is even more problematic. There are a number (seven, I think) of unresolved bugs filed in the Homeseer Bugzilla and there may be more. "Fan State" and "Mode" do not report their state, and you must poll them. Homeseer no longer carries the CT-100 in their store. Go figure.....

Talking to 2gig about technical issues is about like herding cats and reminds me of the old joke: "What is the difference between a used car salesman and a computer salesman? Answer: The used car salesman knows when he is lying...."

Attached, is the text of an email I got from 2gig that would seem to make a confusing mess of setting heat and cool setpoints across a master/slave arrangement.

In short, I think your HVAC installer was wrong, but that doesn't mean you will ever get the CT-100s working as desired with each other, your system, and Homeseer....
            Attached Files
            HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
            Home Assistant 2024.3
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
            Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
            Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
            WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
            AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

thanks

Yes my setup works perfectly when fan is always on. I guess Im just striving for perfection which I will gladly give up on and keep fan running at all time. I also Ive been noticing I have to change my filter once per month due to constant fan on but that is only like 2-3 bucks per month so not a big deal at all.

ewkearns,

its weird that homeseer for you doesn't update mode status and other status points. Mine works flawlessly with homeseer for instant updates and mine are running on batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by csullivan2005 View Post
                3 zoned system.
                Do you have a (green) wire from each thermostat connected to the 'Fan' terminal for the corresponding zone on the zone controller? Have you checked the voltage on the fan wire to see if it goes to 24V when that thermostat is calling for heat or cool?
                Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by csullivan2005 View Post
                  ewkearns,

its weird that homeseer for you doesn't update mode status and other status points. Mine works flawlessly with homeseer for instant updates and mine are running on batteries.
                  Not at all, an oft reported complaint by others and found in Bugzilla, as well....
                  HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                  Home Assistant 2024.3
                  Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                  Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                  Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                  WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                  AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Working...
                  X