best zwave switch for fan switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best zwave switch for fan switch

from my research so far it appears only leviton and GE make zwave fan speed switches.

Is this true and if so which one works best? ae they compatible with all fans? I also need to by new fans too. I also read that only leviton supports instant status. I currently have all leviton light switches in my house that report states instantly to homeseer. Love it! If GE doesn't do instant status is it worth getting still and if is it worth getting would constant polling the GE device be the solution or creating an event to poll for its device changes?

thanks
    Chris

Originally posted by csullivan2005 View Post
    from my research so far it appears only leviton and GE make zwave fan speed switches.

Is this true and if so which one works best? ae they compatible with all fans? I also need to by new fans too. I also read that only leviton supports instant status. I currently have all leviton light switches in my house that report states instantly to homeseer. Love it! If GE doesn't do instant status is it worth getting still and if is it worth getting would constant polling the GE device be the solution or creating an event to poll for its device changes?

thanks
    Chris

There are quite a few of them here:https://www.amazon.com/NFS20Z-Enable...DGJNKXX78PREEJ

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
      There are quite a few of them here:https://www.amazon.com/NFS20Z-Enable...DGJNKXX78PREEJ

Eman.
      That's just a relay, not a fan speed controller. I'm not aware of any fan controllers other that the GE. I'll have to look into the Leviton, though I'm sure it's super expensive.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the Leviton. Looks just like a light switch.
        https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...ighlight=VRF01

Comment

I use Levitons too. Works fine with fans with AC motors. Note that many new fans come with DC motors and the GE and Leviton Fan controllers are not compatible with them.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

good to know Al. I will look for AC motor when buying new fans

thanks!

Comment

I have 9 of the GE (Jasco) Fan control along with a couple of the dummy switches (for the 2 rooms that have 3 way switch for the fan). I set the fans on high with the pull chain and run the speed from the switch. I have Hunter Douglas fans and the two with HS work great.

I only wish my fans had auto reverse. I still have to flip the stupid switch to make them go reverse for winter (such as is it in southern Texas).

I have events with my zooz sensors so if a room gets to hot, the fans turn on low, med or high. I can also do it with the Echo.

I had one that made a fan hum so I got a replacement and it corrected the issue.

All the lights are on different lines so they all have smart dimmers and I put LED bulbs in all my fans.
              HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
              Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
              BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

I have 6 of the Leviton fan switches and recommend them. They don't make any noise, work perfectly with the various fans I have, and have been reliable for years. Leviton created a very small button at the top to manually adjust the speed which is hard to locate quickly, but it's not a show-stopper.

Control from HS has been flawless. Instant status does generally work, but it isn't perfect since Leviton is at the mercy of the Z-Wave non-guaranteed delivery protocol. Each switch must be within direct range of a Z-Wave controller for instant status to have a chance.

Comment

Working...
                X