Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

schlage door lock help

hey guys

is there any way for homeseer to detect and show status or trigger an event if lock is unlocked from inside Or if door is locked by pressing Schlage button on outside??? If possible what do I have to do exactly and what does this look like?

I want to have basement lights shut off when we leave house. I normally have lights turn off when we activate alarm system but when we don't want alarm on lights have to be manually shut off before we leave.

Thanks!

Originally posted by csullivan2005 View Post
    hey guys

is there any way for homeseer to detect and show status or trigger an event if lock is unlocked from inside Or if door is locked by pressing Schlage button on outside??? If possible what do I have to do exactly and what does this look like?

I want to have basement lights shut off when we leave house. I normally have lights turn off when we activate alarm system but when we don't want alarm on lights have to be manually shut off before we leave.

Thanks!
    Take a look at this thread for some ideas: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=186276

To see what's possible with your locks, look at the Status Graphics tab for both the notification child device and the logging child device. If there are separate Status Value combos in the notification device, you can directly trigger events from those. If it's not there, it should be in the logging child device. However, the logging device does not update automatically, so you must use the method in the referenced thread.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      To see what's possible with your locks, look at the Status Graphics tab for both the notification child device and the logging child device.
      Check the Door Lock Access Control Notification device Status Graphics tab. Status 1 is Manual Lock Operation, Status 2 is Manual Unlock Operation. Both of these are for when the lock is operated manually from the inside.

You may need to add Status 5 = Locked with Schlage button. That was missing when I installed my locks but I've added it to all of them and it works.

Comment

I have also noticed that RF Lock and RF Unlock do not register on the Schlage locks. I am not sure if this is an HS thing or a Schlage thing.

Comment

worked!

thanks guys! JimiB your suggestions worked great

thanks
          Chris

Comment

Working...
          X