Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-wave has gone haywire - Solved!

Hello all,

my zwave network took a dive a few days ago and i cant work out what is going on. nothing changed just before but about a week previous i moved the homeseer install to a new machine.

many of my devices seem unresponsive. i have tried rebooting the machine and restarting the interface, optimization of the network etc...

i tried upgrading to :HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.304 (Windows)

HomeSeer SmartStick+ USB Z-Wave Interface

Current Date/Time: 1/18/2017 3:46:11 PM Eastern Standard Time
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.304 (Windows)
    HomeSeer: Is Registered
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    OS Version: 10.0.14393 Service Pack: 0.0
    System Uptime: 1 Day 6 Hours 38 Minutes 41 Seconds
    LAN IP Address: 192.168.1.110 (HASERVERv2)
    Client IP Address:

Network Adapter: Adapter -> Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-LM IP: 192.168.2.150/24 MAC: FC:3FB:09:B1:37
    Network Adapter: HomeSeer Adapter -> Loopback Address (localhost) IP: 127.0.0.1
    Web Server Port: 8080
    Number of Devices: 668
    Number of Events: 112
    Event Last Ran: Garage Door : Garage door closed, Ran at 1/18/2017 3:40:00 PM
    Number of unique event scripts used: 1
    Connected Speaker Clients: HASERVERV2 (127.0.0.1)EFAULT, HASERVERV2 (192.168.1.110):HPPROBOOK-PC
    Plug-Ins Enabled: Z-Wave:,Tasker Plugin:,SqueezeBox:,NetCAM:,MediaController:,HSTouch Server:,EasyTrigger:,BLShutdown:,RFXCOM:,Caddx:,BLRussound:, BLRussound:russ2,BLLAN:
    Processor Type and Speed: Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3 at 665.66 MHz
    Modules/Threads: 161 Modules, 183 Threads
    Available Threads: 400
    System Processes/Load: 92 Processes, 1% Load
    Free / Total Physical Memory: 5.79 GBytes / 7.88 GBytes (73% free)
    Free / Total Virtual Memory: 7.06 GBytes / 9.13 GBytes (77% free)
    HomeSeer Memory Used: 129 Mbytes
    Plug-In Memory Used: 13 EXE Plug-Ins using 401 Mbytes

i keep getting this error also:

Warning: main: is waiting to start an optimize until the interface commands to be transmitted empties. Will wait until 1:49:44 PM

any idea?

thanks
    Raptor
    HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
    53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
    https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Do you have Z-Health enabled? If so disable it and it's most likely causing this issue. Can you control all of your Z-Wave devices? Many times a device may fail causing a backup due to the routing being slowed down. What version of the Z-Wave plugin are you running?
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Do you have Z-Health enabled? If so disable it and it's most likely causing this issue. Can you control all of your Z-Wave devices? Many times a device may fail causing a backup due to the routing being slowed down.
      i do, i have had Z-health switched on for years.

ill switch it off and see if that helps.

i can access some devices yes.

any suggestions as to how to track the device that is dying?
      53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Comment

is it not recommended to have z-health enabled?

Comment

Originally posted by csullivan2005 View Post
          is it not recommended to have z-health enabled?
          Rich recently posted that not only is Z-Health unhealthy but you should also limit the number of optimizations needed. I can't find the post but when I do I'll link it here.
          -Rupp
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
            any suggestions as to how to track the device that is dying?
            When I had a device die I shut off breaker by breaker till I found the failing device. It's not easy and is time consuming. I would go through all your devices and see if you can control them and if you can't check that device.
            -Rupp
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              Rich recently posted that not only is Z-Health unhealthy but you should also limit the number of optimizations needed. I can't find the post but when I do I'll link it here.
              I vote we rename it "Z-sick"
              https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

looks like it was a dying device, one of my intermatic ha18's i have had nearly all of my intermatic devices fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                  looks like it was a dying device, one of my intermatic ha18's i have had nearly all of my intermatic devices fail!
                  Funny you mention that. I had 2 intermatic switches die within a day of each other. They both started clicking off/on by themselves. I replaced them with HS switches.
                  HS4Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi4
                  68 Z-Wave Nodes, 175 Events, 359 Devices
                  UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
                  Plugins: Z-Wave, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
                  HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

i had something like 8 ha18s and 10 ha14's and they have nearly all died.

i wish i never bought those intermatic devices, but then again there were 17usd a piece.

Comment

Working...
                    X