Conditionally set HSTouch Screen on Client Startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conditionally set HSTouch Screen on Client Startup

I have an HSTouch client screen in my rec room. I have a virtual device that, when turned on, runs an event that changes the screen to display a camera. Turn the virtual device off, and the screen changes back to it's home screen.

This works great. Except that if I restart the HSTouch client (ie. reboot the box), the client always starts on it's Home screen, regardless of the state of the virtual device.

Is there any way to have the client conditionally set it's screen on startup? Or, is there anyway for me to condition an event in HS that can detect when the client has just connected (ie started up) and trigger the screen change based on that?

The goal is to have the client, when it starts up, display it's home screen if the virtual device is off, but display the camera screen if the virtual device is on.

Any suggestions?

regards,

Paul

Just doing a 'bump'. Anyone?

Comment

My tablets startup infrequently, so I've never done what you are asking.
      I do, however, cycle my screens according to the top of the hour and bottom of the hour.
      You could also write an event to switch to the camera screen based on some event.
      HS4Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi4
      68 Z-Wave Nodes, 175 Events, 359 Devices
      UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
      Plugins: Z-Wave, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
      HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Hmmm.... Can HomeSeer determine what page an HSTouch client is currently displaying? If so, I could run an action based on that (along with other conditions).

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
          Hmmm.... Can HomeSeer determine what page an HSTouch client is currently displaying?
          I think HS knows what screen is being displayed only if the screen is displayed as the result of an event action from HS. HS does know when a client connects, though.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

It would be a lot of work, but you could have a virtual device set with a text string upon a button press...thus assuming the screen actually loaded, it would be tracking all navigation. But that means it is on you to make a system you can stick with as you navigate around a HSTouch design.

Seems like a LOT of work. I personally just use Jon00's log monitor. If I were trying to do what you are doing, once I trigger that a particular HST client is connected, using conditionals, I would be able to look at the virtual device you reference and trigger an event to re-push the appropriate page.

--Dan
            Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
              II personally just use Jon00's log monitor. If I were trying to do what you are doing, once I trigger that a particular HST client is connected, using conditionals, I would be able to look at the virtual device you reference and trigger an event to re-push the appropriate page.
              Yes, that sounds like it would do exactly what I need. I'll go check out Jan00's log monitor. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X