Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eco-Link Garage door tilt sensor - extra event codes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eco-Link Garage door tilt sensor - extra event codes?

Hi folks,

About 6 months ago I installed two Eco-Link z-wave tilt sensors on my garage doors and they've been working perfectly.
    I'm looking to pick the brain of anyone who has familiarity with these devices and events for them.

While recently adding some new events to my environment, I happened to have a closer look at the status codes of one of the child units called "Home Security" and saw that it has a multitude of status codes including
    -intrusion
    -tampering
    -glass breakage
    -motion detected

The instruction manuals for the device mention none of this.
    Can anyone tell me if these devices actually have sensors for breaking glass and motion, because there appears to be no documentation on these features and if they have them, I would absolutely want to create events that work off of them.

Testing a breaking glass sensor isn't something I could readily/easily do.
    And I haven't figured out if/where it would scanning for motion.

Any input/experience would be welcome, helpful and appreciated.

-steve

Current Date/Time: 1/29/2017 3:06:07 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.297
    Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2 3.18.11-v7+ #781 SMP PREEMPT Tue Apr 21 18:07:59 BST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 17 Days 4 Hours 48 Minutes 50 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.15.10
    Number of Devices: 97
    Number of Events: 91
    Available Threads: 399

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.5: CM15A
    3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
    3.0.1.87: Z-Wave

Hi Steve, it does not have those sensors. Not sure why those show for you as my tilt sensor does not have those.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      Hi Steve, it does not have those sensors. Not sure why those show for you as my tilt sensor does not have those.

Cheers
      Al
      Hi Al, thanks for the quick reply. Good enough for me. I'm not going to mess with them to try to remove those extra status codes etc. - ain't broke, not fixin' it.
      I will just ignore those extra values. (but would have been a helluva garage door sensor if it had those extra features in it

-steve

Comment

Working...
      X