No announcement yet.

Nanoleaf Aurora

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it not possible to use more than 1 Nanoleaf? I have 5 of them in my home so was looking forward to using HomeSeer to control them but when doing the trial after I set up the first panel it doesn't seem like it's possible to add any more of them?

Comment

Originally posted by 416to305 View Post
      Is it not possible to use more than 1 Nanoleaf? I have 5 of them in my home so was looking forward to using HomeSeer to control them but when doing the trial after I set up the first panel it doesn't seem like it's possible to add any more of them?
      Multiple panels should be supported, the plugin is multi instance which means more than one copy can run at once. If you go into the HS manage plugins page then you should have a + icon next to the plugin name. Click this and enter a meaningful name for your new panel. Then you will get a new set of devices and a new configuration page, you will need to enter details for the new panel into this page, wasnt quite expecting people to have five sets of panels but no reason it shouldn't work just you will have to keep track of them.

Comment

Hi all,

I am getting a repeating log error and am unable to detect or control my panels. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot would be appreciated. So far I have tried to set the Nanoleaf into detection mode (holding down power to get the blinking led) and clicked "Update Changes" in the plugin. I have also tried restarting homeseer. I am not sure when this started unfortunate. The log entries below show the plugin starting up. The web exception timeout repeats every minute.
        Jun-20 4:55:07 PM Nanoleaf 3P Nanoleaf Web Exception: The operation has timed out
        Jun-20 4:54:02 PM Nanoleaf 3P Worker Thread Completed
        Jun-20 4:54:02 PM Nanoleaf 3P Nanoleaf Web Exception: The operation has timed out
        Jun-20 4:53:57 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Nanoleaf 3P
        Jun-20 4:53:57 PM Starting Plug-In Nanoleaf 3P loaded in 399 milliseconds
        Jun-20 4:53:57 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin Nanoleaf 3P started successfully in 71 milliseconds
        Jun-20 4:53:57 PM Nanoleaf 3P Nanoleaf Plugin Startup Complete
        Jun-20 4:53:57 PM Nanoleaf 3P Making Attempt To Obtain Data...
        Jun-20 4:53:57 PM Nanoleaf 3P Obtaining Device State - Starting Thread
        Jun-20 4:53:57 PM Nanoleaf 3P Authorisation Token: fFFMhXjanD2e5ZdRrWUWBmNAH97KATY5
        Jun-20 4:53:57 PM Nanoleaf 3P IP Address: 192.168.86.52
        Jun-20 4:53:57 PM Nanoleaf 3P HS3 Detected, Continue...
        Jun-20 4:53:57 PM Nanoleaf 3P Plugin Starting - Checking if HS4/HS3...
        Jun-20 4:53:57 PM Nanoleaf 3P Nanoleaf Plugin Started
        Jun-20 4:53:57 PM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin Nanoleaf 3P ...
        Jun-20 4:53:57 PM Info Plugin Nanoleaf 3P has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:64851
        Thank you!!

Comment

Originally posted by Keoni View Post
          Hi all,

I am getting a repeating log error and am unable to detect or control my panels. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot would be appreciated. So far I have tried to set the Nanoleaf into detection mode (holding down power to get the blinking led) and clicked "Update Changes" in the plugin. I have also tried restarting homeseer. I am not sure when this started unfortunate. The log entries below show the plugin starting up. The web exception timeout repeats every minute.
          Jun-20 4:55:07 PM Nanoleaf 3P Nanoleaf Web Exception: The operation has timed out
          Jun-20 4:54:02 PM Nanoleaf 3P Worker Thread Completed
          Jun-20 4:54:02 PM Nanoleaf 3P Nanoleaf Web Exception: The operation has timed out
          Jun-20 4:53:57 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Nanoleaf 3P
          Jun-20 4:53:57 PM Starting Plug-In Nanoleaf 3P loaded in 399 milliseconds
          Jun-20 4:53:57 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin Nanoleaf 3P started successfully in 71 milliseconds
          Jun-20 4:53:57 PM Nanoleaf 3P Nanoleaf Plugin Startup Complete
          Jun-20 4:53:57 PM Nanoleaf 3P Making Attempt To Obtain Data...
          Jun-20 4:53:57 PM Nanoleaf 3P Obtaining Device State - Starting Thread
          Jun-20 4:53:57 PM Nanoleaf 3P Authorisation Token: fFFMhXjanD2e5ZdRrWUWBmNAH97KATY5
          Jun-20 4:53:57 PM Nanoleaf 3P IP Address: 192.168.86.52
          Jun-20 4:53:57 PM Nanoleaf 3P HS3 Detected, Continue...
          Jun-20 4:53:57 PM Nanoleaf 3P Plugin Starting - Checking if HS4/HS3...
          Jun-20 4:53:57 PM Nanoleaf 3P Nanoleaf Plugin Started
          Jun-20 4:53:57 PM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin Nanoleaf 3P ...
          Jun-20 4:53:57 PM Info Plugin Nanoleaf 3P has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:64851
          Thank you!!
          Curious one...

Can you see if you are able to ping the Nanoleaf device from your HS PC? Then also check in a web browser if you can reach http://192.168.86.52:6517 - hopefully you should get HTTP error 470 in your browser. I'd just like to check connectivity first.

Comment

Has this Plug In been tested and confirmed with a Linux install yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Techn0 View Post
              Has this Plug In been tested and confirmed with a Linux install yet?
              I'm not honestly sure if I did test it - the plugin uses standard web HTTP calls so there should be no reason why it does not. There is nothing that I can think of that prevents it running on Linux so I would say give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post

I'm not honestly sure if I did test it - the plugin uses standard web HTTP calls so there should be no reason why it does not. There is nothing that I can think of that prevents it running on Linux so I would say give it a try.
                I'm unable to get an authorization Token.
                have followed the instructions but no joy.

Jun-25 20:39:52 Nanoleaf 3P Nanoleaf Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                Jun-25 20:39:49 Nanoleaf 3P Nanoleaf Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                Jun-25 20:36:07 Nanoleaf 3P Nanoleaf Plugin Startup Complete
                Jun-25 20:36:07 Nanoleaf 3P Issue With Token - Try Again (see documentation!)
                Jun-25 20:36:07 Nanoleaf 3P Nanoleaf Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
                Jun-25 20:36:07 Nanoleaf 3P Attempting to obtain authorisation token from Nanoleaf device
                Jun-25 20:36:07 Nanoleaf 3P No Auth Token Found
                Jun-25 20:36:07 Nanoleaf 3P Authorisation Token: NA
                Jun-25 20:36:07 Nanoleaf 3P IP Address: 192.168.168.177
                Jun-25 20:36:07 Nanoleaf 3P HS3 Detected, Continue...
                Jun-25 20:36:07 Nanoleaf 3P Plugin Starting - Checking if HS4/HS3...
                Jun-25 20:36:07 Nanoleaf 3P Nanoleaf Plugin Started

Comment

I'm unable to get an authorization Token.
                  have followed the instructions but no joy.

Jun-25 20:39:52 Nanoleaf 3P Nanoleaf Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                  Jun-25 20:39:49 Nanoleaf 3P Nanoleaf Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                  Jun-25 20:36:07 Nanoleaf 3P Nanoleaf Plugin Startup Complete
                  Jun-25 20:36:07 Nanoleaf 3P Issue With Token - Try Again (see documentation!)
                  Jun-25 20:36:07 Nanoleaf 3P Nanoleaf Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
                  Jun-25 20:36:07 Nanoleaf 3P Attempting to obtain authorisation token from Nanoleaf device
                  Jun-25 20:36:07 Nanoleaf 3P No Auth Token Found
                  Jun-25 20:36:07 Nanoleaf 3P Authorisation Token: NA
                  Jun-25 20:36:07 Nanoleaf 3P IP Address: 192.168.168.177
                  Jun-25 20:36:07 Nanoleaf 3P HS3 Detected, Continue...
                  Jun-25 20:36:07 Nanoleaf 3P Plugin Starting - Checking if HS4/HS3...
                  Jun-25 20:36:07 Nanoleaf 3P Nanoleaf Plugin Started
                  Are the panels definitely in pairing mode when you are trying to get the token?

If you leave the plugin started then start pairing mode, go into the settings page and click update changes and see if it gets a token then.

Comment

Are the panels definitely in pairing mode when you are trying to get the token?

If you leave the plugin started then start pairing mode, go into the settings page and click update changes and see if it gets a token then.
                    Yeah i tried that but no token .
                    The panels did update to the latest version when I set them up for the first time..

Comment

Yeah i tried that but no token .
                      The panels did update to the latest version when I set them up for the first time..
                      OK I'm not sure whether this is a plugin issue then or a firmware issue, to try and eliminate the plugin could I ask firstly to disable it. Then do you have access to a windows PC? If so can you go into Powershell (as admin) and execute the following whilst the unit is in pairing mode?

Invoke-WebRequest -Uri 'http://192.168.168.177:16021/api/v1/new' -Method 'POST'

I am interested in the result, if you get the authorisation token then it can be copied manually into the plugin, until that can happen the plugin will struggle. Be aware there is I think a 30 second timeout on the pairing mode, if your lights are a fair distance away it might be expiring before HS has had chance to pair. It is not unknown for new firmware to be problematic with the Nanoleaf but mine is OK.

Comment

OK I'm not sure whether this is a plugin issue then or a firmware issue, to try and eliminate the plugin could I ask firstly to disable it. Then do you have access to a windows PC? If so can you go into Powershell (as admin) and execute the following whilst the unit is in pairing mode?

Invoke-WebRequest -Uri 'http://192.168.168.177:16021/api/v1/new' -Method 'POST'

I am interested in the result, if you get the authorisation token then it can be copied manually into the plugin, until that can happen the plugin will struggle. Be aware there is I think a 30 second timeout on the pairing mode, if your lights are a fair distance away it might be expiring before HS has had chance to pair. It is not unknown for new firmware to be problematic with the Nanoleaf but mine is OK.
                        I Got a Token now

Comment

I Got a Token now
                          Ok is this using the plugin or my method above? If my method do you need me to explain how to get it into the plugin?

Comment

Ok is this using the plugin or my method above? If my method do you need me to explain how to get it into the plugin?
                            Sorry, was through the PowerShell command. I'm taking a look through the configuration files, if you have these to hand it may save me some time :-)

Comment

Updated the config file
                              HomeSeer\Config\Nanoleaf3p.ini

Thank You :-)

Comment

Updated the config file
                                HomeSeer\Config\Nanoleaf3p.ini

Thank You :-)
                                Great, not sure why it has the issue but the tokens dont expire so you shouldn't have to do it again.

Comment

Working...
                                X