Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Brilliant Touchscreen Smart Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simonmason
    replied
    How much are you asking for the switches? I would like to try them out. My plan is to use them to interface with my Allonis setup - I use this for all of my touchscreens with Homeseer doing all of the heavy lifting in the background. Assuming I can have these switches boot up and load the chrome browser in full-screen mode then they should work. I am not sure what to do about the local load - I might bypass it and add these in addition to the existing switches.

Leave a comment:

• ferdies
    replied
    Hi - I am contemplating on using the touchscreen. May I know why are you veering away from it? I am about to move to a new house and maybe the touchscreen is a good addition.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• sirmeili
    replied
    Originally posted by Dekirts View Post
    So you can control light switches and connect them to the hs z wave network and run HStouch off it?
    technically yes. It's just android. I have 5 for sale if you want them (6 if you want the one in my office). We opted to go a different route and not use touch screens by time I got them in.

I use imperihome on the one I have installed.

Leave a comment:

• Dekirts
    replied
    So you can control light switches and connect them to the hs z wave network and run HStouch off it?

Leave a comment:

• drparker151
    replied
    Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
    I have a question :

How is it compared to a echo dot? Does it use the ''echo spatial perception'' too?
    Probably the same as other "built-in" solutions like the Sonos One, you can talk to Alexa, but won't get full Echo features. Like messaging and drop in.

Leave a comment:

• MattL0
    replied
    I have a question :

• Amazon Alexa is built-in allowing you to free up your countertops and desktops
    How is it compared to a echo dot? Does it use the ''echo spatial perception'' too?

Leave a comment:

• MattL0
    replied
    Did you create another plugin ? like cps fakehue ( or wtv name) ?

I can test the plugin, but not the screen.

Leave a comment:

• bsobel
    replied
    Originally posted by bsobel View Post
    So I started to get a few of these in the house, the integrations are fairly limited, lighting is primarily Hue. I have a mix of Hue and Tuya bulbs, so I'm developing a plugin which simulates a HueHub. This allows me to control my Tuya bulbs via the Brilliant (the Brilliant just sees the plugin as any other hub on the network). Has anyone else purchased these, I would ideally like to find some beta testers for this. PM me if so, and thanks.
    Bumping this as still looking for testers.

Leave a comment:

• bsobel
    replied
    So I started to get a few of these in the house, the integrations are fairly limited, lighting is primarily Hue. I have a mix of Hue and Tuya bulbs, so I'm developing a plugin which simulates a HueHub. This allows me to control my Tuya bulbs via the Brilliant (the Brilliant just sees the plugin as any other hub on the network). Has anyone else purchased these, I would ideally like to find some beta testers for this. PM me if so, and thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Jayhawk
    replied
    Anyone have additional experience with either Brilliant or Brightswitch? From what I read on the Smartthings forum, Brilliant can command smartthing devices but Smartthing cannot control brilliant devices... not desirable for control from HS.

Leave a comment:

• sirmeili
    replied
    Originally posted by simonmason View Post
    I couldn't find any manuals on their site.
    I just found this today, so haven't read through it all yet, but I hope it has lots of goodies on the API (if it's out yet) and the use of the device:

https://www.getbrightswitch.com/user...%3D%3D&mw=MjYw

Leave a comment:

• sirmeili
    replied
    Sorry about the browser comment - I use Allonis for my touchscreens and all I need is chrome or another browser running on the device - so it looks like it will accommodate this. Just have to design the screens for this form factor.

I am assuming that this switch is designed to be installed over a standard gang switch and attaching the load for local control? I couldn't find any manuals on their site. If this is the case, then some sort of connection to homeseer would presumably be needed in order for homeseer to know that the switch is on/off and to control it remotely?
    It replaces a standard switch and it each switch is a z-wave dimmer as well as a controller (controlling up to 5 other devices independently).

They are also going to have an open API. It is my hopes that the open API will give access to the other sensors in the switches such as the motion sensor*. In addition there is a camera in them as well, so I"m hoping the API will give access to that.

I've already emailed them about the API (months ago) so that when it comes out I can get the documentation and write a plugin to access the devices through that as well as over Z-wave.

*It was honestly my hope, and maybe this is still the case, that those sensors are available over z-wave as well. I mentioned this to them before as I was backer on their original crowdfunding for them.

Leave a comment:

• skybolt
    replied
    ... I am assuming that this switch is designed to be installed over a standard gang switch and attaching the load for local control? I couldn't find any manuals on their site. If this is the case, then some sort of connection to homeseer would presumably be needed in order for homeseer to know that the switch is on/off and to control it remotely?
    Yes, a single gang standard switch body, much like SmartHome's Insteon switch base is. Then the display is plugged into that and yes there is Line and Load connections to the base with screws no wires. The only thing is that the cove plate is quite large and you will need wall space to make this fit correctly.

There is a "?" in the lower left of there app, bad pic, but you might be able to see it in the above pic. Press that will will bring you to an online manual. The switch comes with a quick start guide to install the switch. Pretty basic stuff, there were no surprises and it just worked. I wired in a plug to the back of it to play around with it, expecting to have to spend some time getting it set up. Except for the Z-Wave, I was done in five minutes.

I am going to try the z-wave out again later this week/weekend if there's time. I am planning to install the switch in my kitchen running HSTouch with the default app on it for now. Might get to it tonight.

Leave a comment:

• simonmason
    replied
    Sorry about the browser comment - I use Allonis for my touchscreens and all I need is chrome or another browser running on the device - so it looks like it will accommodate this. Just have to design the screens for this form factor.

I am assuming that this switch is designed to be installed over a standard gang switch and attaching the load for local control? I couldn't find any manuals on their site. If this is the case, then some sort of connection to homeseer would presumably be needed in order for homeseer to know that the switch is on/off and to control it remotely?

Leave a comment:

• skybolt
    replied
    If it can be used as a local browser and a z-wave switch then I think it will be a great addition to any setup.
    I am not sure what you are referring to "As a browser" ?

You can access the Android OS from the Bright Switch app. and use the play store. It is running 4.4 KitKat. HSTouch loaded just fine as did the Sonos app. I mention the Sonos app because that app doesn't play nice on a lot of Android devices.

As far as Z-Wave goes, the switch wants to be a controller not a device. At least that's what I see so far, but I do not use Z-Wave for much, only door lock support. I also haven't spent more then 5 min with the Z-Wave side of it.

I plan on using it as a controller and not even use it to control a light directly, unless the Z-Wave aspect will work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X