Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The equipment offered to me in the proposal, and my story!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The equipment offered to me in the proposal, and my story!

I live In Egypt, and as you can imagine home automation here is not something very Widely used. The companies that work in that field are very limited, and accordingly the brands are limited too.. Homeseer doesn't have a distributor here, and the 2 companies I spoke with are insisting that i use crestron for home automation and control.. What i want to do is let the company make the design and infrastructure or i dont know what it is called. Then they install the equipment and in the end i connect everything to homeseer and try to automate things myself.. The risk is if i failed i will have to re ask the company to buy crestron processor and maybe equipment and do it their way, but thats not what i want to do.. I have you can say no knowledge whatsoever when it comes to settuing up homeseer, but i am trying to learn now.. Do you guys suggest that i take this step?

Here is the list of equipment the company proposed to me, and i asked them to remove the crestron processor part..

will these equipment work with homeseer?

the first section is supposed to allow me to control the tv and satellite channels..

second section is a cinema room

3rd section is Audio distribution (russound)

4th section is the lighting control. ( they offered crestron, and also ABB Knx is available) i dont know which one to choose.

5th is the shades, and they also offered crestron with somfy.
    Attached Files

Crestron is a commercial home automation installation company. They have been around a long time and have a good reputation.

Not sure if you get a 1-2-3 year service contract included with the Crestron deal. It will be done professionally and you don't have to touch it or configure it as that will be all done by Crestron.

Homeseer will work with many devices but there is no plugin to connect Homeseer to Crestron today that I know of.

You can do just about anything with Homeseer these days managing it any way you want.

That said if you just want to use the automation and not manage it / install it then I would go with Crestron.

We have a friend who liked our home automation many years ago. She decided to build a new home (~8-9k SF) and to automate it with a professional automation company. Initially she didn't like it; then after it was tweaked out to her liking she is now a happy camper. Original optional sell add on price of the automation was around $100k USD. She has connectivity to her multimedia, lighting, security stuff but not totally sure about everything else.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

How much "playing/fiddling" do yo want to do and save some money vs get it installed and let "them" manage it? If you are willing to spend a lot of your own time to get this setup and going then save some money and do it yourself.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

the main reason i want to stick to homeseer is the flexibility. I want to be able to integrate ifttt, or amazon alexa, or anything else that comes up in the future.. I dont know but in Crestron i think it is a tight Knit, and there system is not open to other companies. am i right? their dealer here in country told me i dont know ifttt and i dont think we can integrate amazon alexa for voice control .. also everything is ridiculously expensive, their remote controls are $3000 each here!

Comment

and there system is not open to other companies. am i right?

It does but only in the realm of their offerings.

Have a look at the commercial side of automation here

Pulse Cinemas Upgrades UK Showroom, Home Theater with Crestron Control

As an official Creston reseller, Pulse Cinemas gives its home theater showroom a boost with Crestron touchpanels, DigitalMedia with 4K, and object-based surround sound.

- Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
          X