Virtual Device - Send repeated commands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtual Device - Send repeated commands

I am trying to understand the best way to create a scene for a virtual device that needs to be able to have the same state set over and over again, without changing from one state to the next.

I have a Virtual Device called "Kitchen TV". This allows us to turn the TV on or off, and have an event triggered when we do this. The problem with this is that someone can manually turn on the TV, without homeseer knowing about it. Then, we want to use homeseer to turn off the TV, but homeseer already believes the device is set to off.

In my events, I have it set to "This Device changes and becomes Off", which means it won't trigger. Should I instead have the event trigger be "This device had its value set to Off" instead? Will it only fire once, or continue to fire, like "This device has been/for at least..."?

Thanks!

Originally posted by airedale View Post
    I am trying to understand the best way to create a scene for a virtual device that needs to be able to have the same state set over and over again, without changing from one state to the next.

I have a Virtual Device called "Kitchen TV". This allows us to turn the TV on or off, and have an event triggered when we do this. The problem with this is that someone can manually turn on the TV, without homeseer knowing about it. Then, we want to use homeseer to turn off the TV, but homeseer already believes the device is set to off.

In my events, I have it set to "This Device changes and becomes Off", which means it won't trigger. Should I instead have the event trigger be "This device had its value set to Off" instead? Will it only fire once, or continue to fire, like "This device has been/for at least..."?

Thanks!
    "This device is set to" as a trigger will only "fire" at the moment the command is sent to the device. It will not fire over and over. It would be safe for the event you describe.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
    X