One Device, Two Primary Controllers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Device, Two Primary Controllers

I have a Zee S2 and the Aeotec Z-Stick. The Z-Stick is plugged into a Windows 10 mini pc running HS3 and they are both primary, totally independent of each other.

Can I add a device to both controllers? The reason I ask is that I thought a particular device can only be included to one primary controller at a time. Does a device know it's married to a particular controller and cannot be included to another one?

Someone set me straight please.

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
    I have a Zee S2 and the Aeotec Z-Stick. The Z-Stick is plugged into a Windows 10 mini pc running HS3 and they are both primary, totally independent of each other.

Can I add a device to both controllers? The reason I ask is that I thought a particular device can only be included to one primary controller at a time. Does a device know it's married to a particular controller and cannot be included to another one?

Someone set me straight please.
    Once a device is included in a network, it cannot be included in another. It knows the HomeID of the controller and cannot "talk" to a different HomeID. It must be excluded before it can be included in a different network.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

As always Randy, thank you.

Comment

Here utilize a Leviton Z-Wave serial PIM connected to my OmniPro 2 and an RPi2 running Homeseer Z-Wave connected to the same Z-Wave HomeID.

I have replicated the Homeseer Z-Wave network over to the Leviton Z-Wave serial PIM which is a secondary controller to the primary Leviton Z-Wave RF controller such the Leviton HAI VRC0P-1LW vizia rf + is a primary (really secondary) controller for the OmniPro 2 panel.

With the above Z-Wave network set up I am only utilizing Z-Wave light and appliance modules. HAI OmniPro wireless Z-Wave/Zigbee does function with door locks.

I can control these devices fine with either the OmniPro 2 Leviton Z-Wave PIM or the Homeseer Zee GPIO Z-Wave card.

IE: one Z-wave device controlled by two autonomous Z-Wave controllers.

I cannot see status of the Z-Wave devices between controllers though. The GPIO Z-Wave controller (Homeseer) does see the Leviton PIM as a secondary Z-Wave controller. IE: if I turn on a lamp with the OmniPro VRCOP I cannot see the status change with Homeseer and vice versa.
        Last edited by Pete; February 23, 2017, 09:03 AM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
        X