Need guidance with outdoor cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Pete

I will check out link. Do you see any issues with my strategy of powering camera to nearest AC outlet and not having them wired to a central location. I'm doing this currently with a nursery camera and it works flawlessly. Only issue I see is cameras wont be wired to one central location and will limit me to either cloud storage or no storage.

Chris

Comment

Do you see any issues with my strategy of powering camera to nearest AC outlet

No other than wires showing (WAF - aesthetically pleasing), backup power, et al.

Did hang one PT camera on the ceiling facing the utility section of basement (HVAC, furnace, Water softener, wells) Flood sensors / water shutoff connected to the security system (Leviton OmniPro 2).

Initially did my LV stuff for automation / security and concurrently decorated / upgraded rooms (new paint et al) such that she was happy and I was happy.

Old fashioned a bit here prefer not to put dependencies on the Internet. (even though I use failover ISP connections).

Many years ago here installed outdoor IP cameras with each one having a view of 1-2 other outdoor IP cameras (cameras which faced out and cameras which faced in). I ran the chases with the installation of the irrigation system paying the installers a bit more for multiple underground PVC runs. I used the runs for outside per feral berms with 120VAC, LV for landscaping, LV for security and cameras at the time. On the house cams were at two levels (mid height brick and under eaves).
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I myself wanted to integrate them into HS but I got a great deal while at sams club on the samsung 4 camera / 8 cctv dvr box... paid $200 and i was up and running...

post 88 has pics of mine..
        https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=178178

for this setup it came with a wall wart to a splitter and the cable you run is the video/power per camera...

so its back to $299 but think this is the kit the wife picked up
        https://www.samsclub.com/sams/samsun...mnFTVfTsmA.4Ng
        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Working...
        X