How do i connect everything at home to Hometroller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do i connect everything at home to Hometroller

I want to control/automate the lighting(KNX), shades, audio, video(HDMI matrix), pool, irrigation, etc at home.. i was wondering how do i connect all these equipment to the hometroller device.. I need much more rs232, and usb sockets i suppose than the one in my device right?

Here for years now (since the Homeseer 2 years) have automated via one USB cable to two Digi 8 port Edgeports (or one Digi combo which is 4 USB ports and 16 serial ports).

I have never had issues with the Digi boxes and using one wire is nice for me.

PC (Homeseer) ==> Digi 7 port USB hub ==> more USB stuff + Digi Edgeport #1 & #2

Personally most preferred way of automation control is:

1 - serial
    2 - USB - works but ...
    3 - LAN (wired and POE if possible) - for 100% need UPS stuff but if your electric is out it really doesn't matter unless you go to UPS/Generator.

Least preferred is:
    1 - WLAN
    2 - internet (cloud)
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Ramymounir View Post
      I want to control/automate the lighting(KNX), shades, audio, video(HDMI matrix), pool, irrigation, etc at home.. i was wondering how do i connect all these equipment to the hometroller device.. I need much more rs232, and usb sockets i suppose than the one in my device right?
      Most devices are either designed with Z-Wave (or other technology) or need to be connected to a controller that has Z-Wave. Your Homeseer controller uses Z-Wave (wireless) to control these devices. So the short answer is no, you do not need more USB sockets on your device, but you will need a controller of some type connected to everything you want to control and the correct plug-in on your Homeseer controller to control it. If you ask about a specific device there are lots of great people on here that really know what they are doing that can help which is why I went with Homeseer.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkN View Post
        Most devices are either designed with Z-Wave (or other technology) or need to be connected to a controller that has Z-Wave. Your Homeseer controller uses Z-Wave (wireless) to control these devices. So the short answer is no, you do not need more USB sockets on your device, but you will need a controller of some type connected to everything you want to control and the correct plug-in on your Homeseer controller to control it. If you ask about a specific device there are lots of great people on here that really know what they are doing that can help which is why I went with Homeseer.
        the are a lot of devices that doesn't have z wave!

Comment

Working...
        X