Z-Troller power adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Troller power adapter

The power adapter for my Z-troller failed. It says on it that it's 6v 300mA. I found one at a local electronic store that is 6 volts 500mA. Will that work or fry my z-troller.

Originally posted by freeon View Post
    The power adapter for my Z-troller failed. It says on it that it's 6v 300mA. I found one at a local electronic store that is 6 volts 500mA. Will that work or fry my z-troller.
    Yes it will. The old one was capable of supplying up to 300mA of current at 6V, but it only supplied the amount of current that was actually needed. The Z-Troller would draw less than 300mA of current. The new one you found will supply up to 500mA so will easily cover the maximum of 300mA needed by the Z-Troller. As long as the current rating is the same or higher, you are good to go.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

The adapter seems to work ok. I plugged it in and it said connected on the display. However I can't get HS to connect to it and I keep getting this in the log. Any ideas?
      HTML Code:
      Mar-11 7:16:46 PM	 	Z-Wave Warning	Trying to re-connect to Ethernet interface at IP 192.168.1.10...
      Mar-11 7:16:45 PM	 	Z-Wave Error	Z-Troller: The Z-Troller interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (2).
      Mar-11 7:16:15 PM	 	Z-Wave	Z-Troller: Getting node information from controller...
      Mar-11 7:16:15 PM	 	Z-Wave	Z-Troller: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.1.10, connected to interface ok.
      Mar-11 7:16:15 PM	 	Z-Wave	Z-Troller: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
      Mar-11 7:16:15 PM	 	Z-Wave	Initializing Z-Wave interface Z-Troller (Ethernet Interface) at 192.168.1.10, port 4999
      Mar-11 7:16:15 PM	 	Z-Wave	Z-Troller: ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by freeon View Post
        The adapter seems to work ok. I plugged it in and it said connected on the display. However I can't get HS to connect to it and I keep getting this in the log. Any ideas?
        How are you connecting to this? I thought the Z-Troller has just a serial interface? If so, and you have an in-line Ethernet to serial converter, the messages point to a problem with the Z-Troller itself or between the converter and the Z-Troller. Note the message "Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.1.10, connected to interface ok." This means the Z-Wave plugin was able to connect to the Ethernet instance, but the message "The Z-Troller interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node" means that it got nothing back.

Comment

I'm connecting to the Z-troller true a iTach WiFi to Serial

Comment

Working...
          X