Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer for Offices?

Hi!
    Im new at this forum, so hope that this isnt a topic that you discussed often (i couldnt find any) - and i chosed the right board. :-)

I see the potential for offering Z-wave technology for smaller office buildings, for controlling light, warm, blinds etc. - for low cost cause no special wiring is needed.

Is Z-wave stable enough for this? Do any of you have any recommendations about this, mayby some pro/cons i should know about?

Would Homeseer controllers be used for this?

Looking forward to your answers

KR
    Rune!

Years ago, I helped a forum user deploy HS2 with 14 Nexus tablets for HSTouch control. The office building was *very* spread out and some of the Z-Wave devices needed repeaters. The best repeaters are thermostats since they are up high and have better line of sight. I think we ended up with 5 total thermostats and a bunch of switches and modules.

I would definitely draw up a floor plan and plan ahead on where devices are needed and make sure the RF is covered.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Here we are deploying zwave control at several school campuses, we are running over a dozen znets to get the radio coverage and a couple dozen Global Cache devices and the same amount of MIMO devices to control IR devices, door locks and TV lift devices.

We find the system very stable for this application, but you would be best to map out your project, set up your coverage for the znet networks.
      Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
      | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
      Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
      BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Working...
      X