Automate shower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automate shower

is it possible to have a plugin to control this by homeseer? or is there any similar solution?? i haven't seen any, all i found was posts since 2005 of people wanting to automate their showers but nothing practical till now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIBnbPJSBtQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU2QpBOjyWs

Comment

I think someone here automated filling their bat tub with Arduino and HS3. I'm sure you do this with Arduino and a custom HSTouch project. I saw the post you made earlier and then wasted a good 45 minutes looking into that hardware. Next time I have a disposable $2,000 I might do that.
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

i got all the parts to build one a few years ago but am just getting around to tiling the shower now so will be building it soon

what i plan to do it make a keypad similar to that one with waterproof buttons for each of the 4 presets and 3 heads and a encoder for the temp adjustment and LCD for temp, i am going to use an arduino to control everything
        i got a solenoid valve for each head and a standard shower mixing valve with anti scald that i will connect to a servo/stepper motor to do the temperature adjustment to keep it cheap and simple. all the parts are under the floor so will be easily accessible and i may tie it into HS3 via the Arduino Plugin in API mode
        if anyone is interested i would be glad to share the part list and code when i have it done but i still have to get it tiled so not sure how soon ill get to it

Comment

Originally posted by usLEDsupply View Post
          i got all the parts to build one a few years ago but am just getting around to tiling the shower now so will be building it soon

what i plan to do it make a keypad similar to that one with waterproof buttons for each of the 4 presets and 3 heads and a encoder for the temp adjustment and LCD for temp, i am going to use an arduino to control everything
          i got a solenoid valve for each head and a standard shower mixing valve with anti scald that i will connect to a servo/stepper motor to do the temperature adjustment to keep it cheap and simple. all the parts are under the floor so will be easily accessible and i may tie it into HS3 via the Arduino Plugin in API mode
          if anyone is interested i would be glad to share the part list and code when i have it done but i still have to get it tiled so not sure how soon ill get to it

WTF! Tile is all that's stopping you? Not sure where in PA you are but I'll drive there, tile your shower next week, (I can send pictures of beautiful showers I've done) if you can make this all happen.
          Originally posted by rprade
          There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

lol ya i have plenty of other showers so wasn't high on my list of things to do like finish the rest of the house and get the cars in the garage but now i am getting down the list and the floor tile will be here any day now and i am making the wall tile out of old roof slate so have to cut about 450x 4x10 tiles next time the weather is nice so after that is done it should go quick

I am about an hour north of Pittsburgh

Comment

Working...
            X