Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Deleting 3643 Events

Help!!!!
    I made an event and didn't pay close attention. It started a crazy loop and in the Event filtering it is showing that 3643 of 3727 events. I have all the Events I want to keep hidden right now. The problem is there is a Group name called Ungrouped. If I click the yellow drop down on the left, I get a message saying loading. It will stay on the screen for about 4 minutes and then goes away, but no events show up. It still says at the top that it is showing 3643 of 3727 Events. It is causing problems with other event groups loading slowly.
    I did manage to delete a few hundred under a delayed events group.
    How do delete these in the Ungrouped Group if they don't show up?

Shut down HS, and then open the database file and delete the offending records using Sqlitebrowser. I've had the same thing happen before. Backup the database file first. It should be called HomeSeerData.hsd in the Data subfolder.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I would try replacing the database file with a backup of you hsd file made before the event creation went wild. The backups are created automatically and located in the Data folder of HS3.

To replace your current file, stop HS3, rename the active hsd file (so you don't lose it if you want to go back to it), then find the numbered backup that you want to substitute and change its name to be the active file (typically, just delete the _n from the end of the name). Restart HS.

With luck, you'll be back to where you started, but you may have to manually redo some changes if they occurred after the backup was made.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That did the trick. Renamed the offending file (BTW, there were 7 files all from today and all were over 15MB). The good file from yesterday was renamed and put in place. It was only 2.6MB

Thanks again guys

Comment

Working...
        X