• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For got to mention I run hstouch on it too. Everything runs 24 7

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by csullivan2005 View Post
      Thank you. That helps a lot. Can able else confirm if audio works for blue iris within HSTOUCH. I need this answer before I go out and buy a dedicated pc. Thanks. Primarily want for nursery cams
      I think you have a huge misunderstanding how things work and why people have want or use BlueIris.

First you don't need blueiris to have camera feeds in HStouch. Even if you have blueiris you dont have to use it at all for HStouch.

Blueiris first and foremost is a video recorder to store and playback previous recordings. (None of which you seem to mention and it won't happen in Hstouch anyways)

Second Blueiris offers motion detection capability and allows Homeseer to see this alert (plugin can be used but not needed to help with this). This also has nothing to do with HStouch.

So a little on how IP cameras work (which is what you have and should be buying). They connect to your network and anything (phones, computers, homeseer, Blueiris, Dvrs) on your network (and outside your home network if you port forward or use some other service) has access to them. So in blueiris you would setup the IP of the camera maybe the port, user and password and more. The blueiris adds this camera and watches and records the stream as it watching it. While that is doing that you can login on your computer to the ip and such to the camera and watch a live stream. While you doing that you could have HsTouch watching a live stream of the same camera. And so on.

So even if I were to livestream to HStouch It doesn't come from Blueiris (it can but that's another topic) and bleuiris is not required for what your currently asking.

I know you have asked about audio from you camera in HStouch and I don't think it's possible, but I don;t have that or tired to setup that. So I don't have an anwser for you and that question should be better directed in the HStouch forum. Also I would leave the Blueiris out at first and just work with does HStouch allow 1 way or 2way audio on an IP camera. I'm not even sure if your asking for 2way audio or just one way.

I'm also not sure if your asking about bleuiris just for this hstouch or if you really need recording.

I personally use the bleuiris App for two way audio and I can put a shortcut or link in HStouch to click and take me into the Blueiris app.

Comment

thanks. this helps

Comment

Originally posted by csullivan2005 View Post

If I want to see live video feed and hear audio from my H264 Foscam R2 cameras I have to do this in a separate app called foscam pro.
          I have a foscam camera also but couldn't figure out how to make the mic and audio work? I need an external speaker and mic I'm thinking... Are your mic and speakers built into your camera?

Comment

Yes both are built in.

Comment

Does anyone know the HTTP command to add to a BI alert to turn on a virtual device?

Comment

Originally posted by jmmorgan View Post
                Does anyone know the HTTP command to add to a BI alert to turn on a virtual device?
                There is multiple ways to do it. Documentation is right here for the options.
                https://homeseer.com/support/homesee...nk/default.htm
                Click on "JSON Control Interface" and then "Controlling with JSON" on the left first. The scroll down 1/2 or 3/4 the way down the list.

Here is what I use, but controlling by label means my labels match what I have created in the virtual device. Also put device number in where the ### is.

HomeSeerIP:PORT/JSON?request=controldevicebylabel&ref=###&label=Motion

You can also use the number value vs. label if you choose. It's all in the documentation link i posted above along with examples.
                /JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=###&value=#

Also make Sure to enable "Controll by Json" in the main hs3 settings under networking for any of these to work.

Comment

Thanks for the information. For some reason it would not recognize my JSON port. I found this that worked for me.

Copy the extracted "HomeSeer_REST_API.aspx" file to your "[HS3 Root Install Path]\html" folder. For Example: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\HomeSeer_REST_API.aspx

You can then double click it or restart homeseer and it should auto run it. Then you
                  you use this http command in your motion alerts to trigger the vitrual switch.

HomeSeerIP:PORT/HomeSeer_REST_API.aspx?function=setdevicebyid&param1=374&par am2=Motion

Put in your homeseer Ip and port.

Now in the above # "374" is the device number of the virtual device you have created so change that to fit yours.

Also on the END the "Motion" needs to be set to what you have named your virtual switch when it's on or off. So by default I think you need to use "ON" but I have changed my virtual device to "Motion" and "NoMotion"

Comment

Did you turn JSON control on in the settings?

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                      Did you turn JSON control on in the settings?
                      Yes. I read your post a number of times and double check and tried many different options. The other way works, so I am good to go. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
                      X