Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IKEA Tradfri and HomeSeer -> TrŚdfriSeer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broes
    replied
    It will be end August.
    Batteries will be charged via usb. How long the blinds will last on one charge I can't find.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190727-220347_Chrome.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	1318068

Leave a comment:

• George
    replied
    Originally posted by Moskus View Post
    They should be released in Europe during "this summer", but who knows exactly when that will be. US release this fall, I think. (And they are Zigbee, not Z-wave)
    Thanks for the info, and now I'm glad I orderer both interfaces (Zigbee and Z-Wave for both of my units)! Future proofing

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    They should be released in Europe during "this summer", but who knows exactly when that will be. US release this fall, I think. (And they are Zigbee, not Z-wave)

Leave a comment:

• George
    replied
    I've skipped ahead, for forgive me if I missed it.

IKEA has been working on their motorized Z-Wave or Zigbee shades for a while and I've been waiting to see if they have dropped and if anyone has any input on them, their price (per foot, sq/cm) and battery life?

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Yes, if you look at the last two pages, there's been some problems. It has been suggested to try to set up the plugin again (reset the credentials, etc, or even try to delete "TradfriSeer.ini"). My in-laws are using this plugin extensively, and I've had no problem with their setup.

I suspect that Tradfri has done something during the last update that TradfriSeer does not like. I just have a hard time figuring out what. The empty response on path /15001 means that the plugin can't read from the hub because the hub is not authenticating the plugin (or the IP address is wrong).

My own Tradfri box is still hidden in a box somewhere, we are currently rebuilding the house.

Leave a comment:

• clisse
    replied
    Since 17. june, my Tradfri does not work with my Homeseer.

Anybody have the same issue?

In the log i see a lot of these: Empty response from Hub with path = /15001

IKEA HUB firmware: 1.8.26
    Tradfri plugin: 0.0.1.11

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Thanks for the find, but TrådfriSeer is already doing that.

But I see the CSharptTradfriLibrary has evolved much, I might implement that instead of doing the heavy lifting myself. So thanks for the tip.

Leave a comment:

• AshaiRey
    replied
    Here's something that might help

From Gateway version 1.8.25 you can't use original PSK to connect to gateway anymore. You can only use it to create an application secret for your application which you can later reuse with it.

Code:
    // recommended
    // This line should only be called ONCE!!! per applicationName -> you define applicationName as you want
    // Gateway generates one appSecret key per applicationName
    TradfriAuth appSecret = controller.GenerateAppSecret("GatewaySecret", "ApplicationName");

// You should now save programatically appSecret.PSK value (appsettings) and reuse it
    // when connecting to your gateway every other time
    controller.ConnectAppKey(appSecret.PSK, "ApplicationName");

GatewayController gatewayController = controller.GatewayController;
    var devices = await gatewayController.GetDeviceObjects();

DeviceController deviceController = controller.DeviceController;
    await deviceController.SetLight(devices[0], true);
    await deviceController.SetColor(devices[0], TradfriColors.SaturatedRed);

// same works for `controller.GroupController`
    Info source :
    https://github.com/tomidix/CSharpTradFriLibrary

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Originally posted by AshaiRey View Post
    Would it be an idea to put the source of the plugin online to get some help with this?
    My experience with open sourcing stuff like that is not great... but I'll think about it.

Leave a comment:

• AshaiRey
    replied
    I did the whole restart cycle again but no succes this time.
    Would it be an idea to put the source of the plugin online to get some help with this?

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Hmm... it looks like the plugin can't save the PSK as it didn't get one from the hub. I don't know why... restart it?

Leave a comment:

• AshaiRey
    replied
    Yes, I got that in the log file now also
    ay-24 21:59:21 TradfriSeer ERROR SetPSK -> Failed setting output from payload! Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    May-24 21:59:16 TradfriSeer No pre shared key exist for hub with key XXM3n...snipped , getting new PSK...
    May-24 21:59:16 TradfriSeer Debug OnlineCheck() starting... (hub: XXM3n...snipped )

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Hmmm! I don't know how pytradfri handles authentication, but that is apparently the problem here: The hub stopped authenticating the users PSK.

Leave a comment:

• Spudman
    replied
    Rebooting both the hub & HomeSeer failed to resolve the issue for me. This time I disabled the plugin, rebooted the hub, rebooted HomeSeer, deleted the ini, restarted the plugin & re-entered the details. The lamps are now working again & I didn't have to edit any events.

I should also add that when the plugin is unable to detect any bulbs, pytradfri continues to work, as well as the Tradfri app.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Aaargh, this is starting to annoy me! I can't figure out what's wrong.

Path /15001 is still the path to the bulbs, so it should report if the authentication was working. The tradfri app still fails from time to time too, so at least there is that...

I don't know what to suggest... perhaps try to delete the credentials stored in the ini-file?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X