Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IKEA Tradfri and HomeSeer -> TrådfriSeer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asphyx View Post
    I did not realize you can't use the Tradfri remotes without a bulb. Was hoping to use the remotes for input but that seems to be a bust
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Comment

I must be doing something wrong. I unzipped the file to the HS3 directory, but when I go to manage plug-ins I am not able to find the tradfriseer plug-in.

never mind, Windows did not extract the files properly.....
        Last edited by darkjamzi; November 26, 2017, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by darkjamzi View Post
          I must be doing something wrong. I unzipped the file to the HS3 directory, but when I go to manage plug-ins I am not able to find the tradfriseer plug-in.

never mind, Windows did not extract the files properly.....
          Glad you sorted it out.
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Just a quick update. It turns out my router doesn't like Tradfri. There appears to be a conflict with the DHCP server. I have set up an alternate DHCP server on my network, turned the one in the router off - voila it works!

Comment

Wow, that can actually happen?!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                Wow, that can actually happen?!
                It would appear so. Searching led me to another forum. That led me to experiment with an old router and then by adding a separate DHCP server. I have emailed the manufacturer of my router, DrayTek and await their repsonse.
                Last edited by IanIreland; November 28, 2017, 09:39 AM.

Comment

So - now I have the Tradfri hub working;
                  I'm getting this from the plugin;
                  Initializing plug-in(2): TradfriSeer Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an object.STACK: Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()

Comment

When does this happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                      When does this happen?
                      I am seeing "WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from TradfriSeer - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed" in the plugins page. Refreshing the page does not help.
                      If I disable and then reinitialise the plugin the error appears in the log.

Comment

Are you 110% sure the key from the back of the Hub is correct?

Comment

I eventually shut down HS, deleted all files relating to Tradfri and then re-installed the plugin.
                          No error messages now. I still have to set it up, but at least its happy now.
                          Last edited by IanIreland; November 30, 2017, 07:30 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Ooookay, that's weird. Perhaps the unpacking of the zip got interrupted or something...

Comment

OK - now done a scan. It found all bulbs, the only minor glitch being it didn't name my E27 coloured bulb! I renamed it manually.
                              All seem to be working from HS.

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
                                It found all bulbs, the only minor glitch being it didn't name my E27 coloured bulb!
                                .... and it WAS named in the Ikea app? That's weird!

Comment

Working...
                                X