Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IKEA Tradfri and HomeSeer -> TrådfriSeer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
    That is strange!
    The "Empty response" message is a sign that the plugin cannot read anything from the hub.

Does the app work? Is the IP correct?
    (Have you checked the "key" on the config page?)
    The app on my phone works perfectly and I can ping the hub. I double checked the code on the back.
    I think I'll uninstall and start again!

Comment

OK.
      I uninstalled and reinstalled 0.0.1.5. Just the same.
      I uninstalled and reinstalled 0.0.1.2. Now seems to be working!

What advantage might there be to 0.0.1.5?

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
        OK.
        What advantage might there be to 0.0.1.5?
        It works with the new authentication... It should NOT work now.
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Tradfri unreliable

I must come to the conclusion that Tradfri is not very stable. Not sure whether the hub or bulbs are the culprit. On too many occasions I see in the app that some bulbs were no longer connected, and says something like: this bulb was last seen x hours/days ago.

This means I need to remove the bulb and re-add it to the hub.

This plug-in is great, but unfortunately it relies on the hub for it to work.....

Other shortcomings are the motion sensors, they only seem to work directly on the bulbs. You can't change their sensitivity or adjust the day/light sensor. If HS could be used it might be better, but as they are now is not good enough.

I probably willl be better off looking for a more direct approach where I can directly add the bulbs to HS and use Zwave motion sensors.........

Comment

HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Dear Moskus,

Again thank you for the beautiful work you have done on this Tradfri plugin. I did not realize how dependent I became on this plugin until after I realized that today the beta 1.5 expired ;-(

Is there any way you can post a new version with a different expiration date, or better yet, can I buy a permanent licence from you?

Regards,
              Yazzcat.

Comment

Originally posted by Yazzcat View Post
                I did not realize how dependent I became on this plugin until after I realized that today the beta 1.5 expired ;-(
                Aw, crap! I forgot!

I'll get on it right away!

Comment

Done, see the first post!

Comment

subscribed

Comment

Wow! That is fast.

Thanks for the great support. Just downloaded and installed it. But since I am not home, cannot verify the lights are working again ;-)

By the way, both in the first post and in the logfile of HS3, it is mentioned that this release still expires on the 1st of March.

That being said, it looks like it is running just fine.

By the way, is it exactly the same as 1.5, but with an extended expiry date or are there any changes? Just curious.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Yazzcat View Post
                        By the way, is it exactly the same as 1.5, but with an extended expiry date or are there any changes? Just curious.

Comment

I installed 0.0.1.10, but it can't see any bulbs. It just shows the hub. All bulbs can be controlled from the app. Disabled and enabled plugin several times..... no luck...

Do I need to remove the previous tradfriseer installation files first?

Debug gives:

Mar-07 20:35:10 TradfriSeer Debug Gettin bulbs done!
                          Mar-07 20:35:10 TradfriSeer Plugin devices found count: 1
                          Mar-07 20:35:10 TradfriSeer Debug CheckAndCreateBulbDevices() starting...
                          Mar-07 20:35:10 TradfriSeer Debug GetBulbListWhenHubIsOnline() done!
                          Mar-07 20:35:10 TradfriSeer Debug GetBulbListWhenHubIsOnline(): Total bulbs found: 0
                          Mar-07 20:35:10 TradfriSeer Warning Empty response from Hub with path = /15001
                          Mar-07 20:35:05 TradfriSeer Debug GetBulbListWhenHubIsOnline(): GetBulbs() queued...
                          Mar-07 20:35:05 TradfriSeer Debug GetBulbListWhenHubIsOnline(): Hub is online, getting bulbs...
                          Mar-07 20:35:05 TradfriSeer Debug GetBulbListWhenHubIsOnline() starting...
                          Mar-07 20:35:05 TradfriSeer Debug GettingBulbsAsync() starting...
                          Mar-07 20:35:01 TradfriSeer Debug GetPagePlugin name: TradfriSeerHubs

Comment

Can you first check that the hub is running the latest firmware?
                            And two, the key is correctly entered?

There is no changing in the authentication system. If it worked with .5 it should work with the new one.

Comment

It worked for me with no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
                                It worked for me with no problems.
                                ... as it should.

All it does is extending the expiration date and correcting interpreting of some On/Off commands that Ikea changed in the latest few firmware updates.

I really need to put this in the updater.

Comment

Working...
                                X