Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IKEA Tradfri and HomeSeer -> TrådfriSeer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I looked at Amazon for the TRÃ…DFRI products and find them to be expensive vs. alternatives. Where can these things be obtained at an attractive price point?

zigbee2mqtt now supports many IKEA devices https://koenkk.github.io/zigbee2mqtt...d_devices.html and growth of list comes pretty fast as new devices are identified. What remote and sensors are of interest?

Comment

Originally posted by clisse View Post
      Okay. Just to understand. Is it only the bulbs that is communicating with the hub. And the remotes is paired directly to bulbs, and therefor the hub only receives the bulb status change????
      Yes, with the Trådfri hub, that is correct. The remote is paired directly to the bulbs. The bulbs then report status to (and takes commands from) the hub.

However, with JowiHue the remotes are completely independant of the bulbs, as deCONZ can read the key presses (or dimming value) directly from them. Here's the remote with buttons:

HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Just saw a news article about Ikea motorized shades, for the European market for now. They're zigbee, but controllable via the Tradfri gateway. Any possibility of support in the TradfriSeer plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by skoocat2 View Post
          Just saw a news article about Ikea motorized shades, for the European market for now. They're zigbee, but controllable via the Tradfri gateway. Any possibility of support in the TradfriSeer plugin?
          I would think that it is no problem, but my Trådfri hub is packed away (we are currently rebuilding our house). I'll see what I can do when I get hold of one of the motorized shades.
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by skoocat2 View Post
            Even better they are going to be launching in the US in April. I’m totally going to jump on the bandwagon. It mentioned they have a curtain system that may be compatible??

Comment

Hello Moskus
              I got a request but maybe you have done It already. I would like to have a way to stop/start the plugin
              The reason why i ask is to make it recover after a power break. When this happens then the hub lost connection with HomeSeer.
              So what I would like to do is to let a event trigger when the device for the hub isn't updated anymore the to cycle the plugin so I find connection again.
              I don't know for sure if the hub device get updated but where is it otherwise used for if it is set only once.

So what I need is some kind of heartbeat that updates the hub device and a way to cycle the plugin.
              Is this possible?
              - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
              HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
              PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

Originally posted by AshaiRey View Post
                So what I would like to do is to let a event trigger when the device for the hub isn't updated anymore the to cycle the plugin so I find connection again.
                I use the Jon00 Enable/Disable Utility for my Modbus PI that at times loses communication. It works perfectly. Simply write the event with the trigger to make it fire.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...isable-utility

Comment

Thx for the info. I will have a look at it
                  - Bram

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
                  HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
                  PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

Yeah, I actually use Jon00s utility too for this on TrådfriSeer. The Ikea hub is not the best...

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                      Yeah, I actually use Jon00s utility too for this on TrådfriSeer. The Ikea hub is not the best...
                      Does the hub device have any other use or does is only show when the hub comes online and isn't updated anymore afterwards?
                      - Bram

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Originally posted by AshaiRey View Post

Does the hub device have any other use or does is only show when the hub comes online and isn't updated anymore afterwards?
                        If you unplug the Hub, it should show up as Offline...

Comment

I have an odd request, but please hear me out.

I use the linked device feature, by linking a multilevel z-wave device to Ikea bulbs.
                          This works exceptionally, I can change the z-wave dimmers status, and the Ikea bulbs follows suit.
                          The thing is, I have to delete the 'off' value from the Ikea bulbs, to avoid them going ''soft off" when the dimmer is shut off.

But, if I restart the hub and plugin - it resyncs and enables the 'off' values.
                          Could this sync/device update be made optional or maybe even an ability to select which values to sync? Groups, etc also returns every time a sync is performed.

PS. Having the bulbs go soft off, creates some problems with bulbs being off, when the z-wave multilevel/relay device turns on.

Thank you for a great plugin!

Comment

Originally posted by lurendrejer View Post
                            But, if I restart the hub and plugin - it resyncs and enables the 'off' values.
                            Could this sync/device update be made optional or maybe even an ability to select which values to sync? Groups, etc also returns every time a sync is performed.

PS. Having the bulbs go soft off, creates some problems with bulbs being off, when the z-wave multilevel/relay device turns on.

Thank you for a great plugin!
                            Yes, the plugin resets all device values, this is due to changes in the Ikea API gives the need for updating the controls on the devices. BUT this could just happen when the plugin updates, and ONLY if an option that says "Do not mess with my CAPI values" is checked.

However, I'm still currently remoddeling our homes so I won't get to it for at least a couple of weeks. Or months...

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                              Yes, the plugin resets all device values, this is due to changes in the Ikea API gives the need for updating the controls on the devices. BUT this could just happen when the plugin updates, and ONLY if an option that says "Do not mess with my CAPI values" is checked.

However, I'm still currently remoddeling our homes so I won't get to it for at least a couple of weeks. Or months...
                              Wait what, where do i set this option? In the Ikea app or the plugin? - I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

I'm running plugin version: 0.0.1.10

Comment

Originally posted by lurendrejer View Post

Wait what, where do i set this option? In the Ikea app or the plugin? - I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

I'm running plugin version: 0.0.1.10
                                Sorry, I was just thinking aloud about options that could be added to the plugin...

Comment

Working...
                                X