Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IKEA Tradfri and HomeSeer -> TrådfriSeer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work for me. I've been struggling with this for about a week now.

Rebooting both the hub & HomeSeer gets it working, but only for so long. The hub still shows as online, but nothing can be controlled & no status updates occur, with debug logs showing "Polled 0 groups..." & "Polled 0 bulbs...". Restart everything and it all works, showing polls for 2 groups & 2 bulbs. I still haven't managed to catch what happens when it goes wrong, but have now changed logging options & increased the log size to see if I can find something.

Prior to the update, I had no problems.

Comment

I'll keep my fingers crossed then.
      I had the same here. The hub was shown and was connected but a rescan with the plugin showed in the log file that is could nod find any bulbs any more.
      I am geussing that the id's og the bulbs where changed by the update.

I removed all the tradfri devices in HS, stopped the plugin.
      Removed power from the hub.
      Shutdown HS and rebooted the pc.
      After the reboot abd when HS was up and running again i plugged back in the power on the hub.
      Started the plugin and noticed that the settings where lost
      Re-entered the setting and did a rescan.
      Now i had new devices that responded to my HS controls again.
      Lastly i had to go through all my events to update the missing devices.
      - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
      HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
      PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

That's similar to the last thing I did. Deleted all Tradfri devices, including the hub, did a power cycle of everything and then added the hub details again. Luckily I only have two Tradfri lamps so updating the events was easy. Current uptime is just over 60 hours and things are still working okay.

The odd thing is, I didn't buy the second lamp until after the hub update. I almost didn't get it, but it seemed like I'd got the plugin working again (after restarting everything). Added the new lamp to the hub and the plugin successfully detected it, but at some point during the next 24 hours it failed again, and couldn't detect or control anything. Obviously everything worked fine with the Tradfri app.

Comment

Hmm... this is unfortunate. I don't have my Trådfri hub running at the moment (it is in a box somewhere in the basement) so I can't check, but it seems like Ikea has updated "something".
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
          Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
          on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
          WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Same here. Works via the phone app but not via HS :-(

Comment

At the moment, the only thing I can tell you to try (which you certainly already have tried):

Shut down HS3 completely.
              Power off the Tradfri hub.
              Wait 15 seconds
              Power on the Tradfro Hub.
              Start HS3.

This was the only thing I did to get it up and running at my in-laws.
              HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Unfortunately it failed again. It's not much but I did get this from the logs.
                Code:
                May-15 20:19:45 TradfriSeer Debug   Ping result for hub XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX: Online
                May-15 20:19:46 TradfriSeer Debug   Polled 2 bulbs...
                May-15 20:19:46 TradfriSeer Debug   Polled 2 groups...
                May-15 20:19:46 TradfriSeer Debug   Ping result for hub XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX: Online
                May-15 20:19:47 TradfriSeer Debug   Ping result for hub XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX: Online
                May-15 20:19:48 Info                Plugin TradfriSeer with instance: has disconnected
                May-15 20:20:13 Warning             I/O interface TradfriSeer is down, executable is not running, restarting ...
                May-15 20:20:14 Info                Plugin TradfriSeer has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:46497
                May-15 20:20:28 Starting Plug-In    TradfriSeer loaded in 15022 milliseconds
                May-15 20:20:29 Starting Plug-In    Initializing plugin TradfriSeer ...
                May-15 20:20:29 TradfriSeer Debug   InitializeTrådfri() starting...
                This is where it stops working. It can ping the hub, but that appears to be all it can do.
                Code:
                May-15 20:20:37 TradfriSeer Debug   GetBulbListWhenHubIsOnline(): Hub is online, getting bulbs...
                May-15 20:20:37 TradfriSeer Debug   GetBulbListWhenHubIsOnline(): GetBulbs() queued...
                May-15 20:20:42 TradfriSeer Debug   Ping result for hub XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX: Online
                May-15 20:20:42 TradfriSeer Warning Empty response from Hub with path = /15001
                May-15 20:20:42 TradfriSeer Debug   GetBulbListWhenHubIsOnline(): Total bulbs found: 0
                May-15 20:20:42 TradfriSeer Debug   GetBulbListWhenHubIsOnline() done!
                A complete restart of HomeSeer does not fix the problem. It can detect the hub, but no bulbs or groups. The Tradfri app still works fine at this point.

Comment

This warning TradfriSeer Warning Empty response from Hub with path = /15001
                  was filling up my logs this morning. It came back every 8 seconds.
                  Restarting the pluging stop the messages for now.
                  Something definitly changed due the update from IKEA.

PS, The update involved also an update to the AB's so that is probaly why the Tradfri app keeps working while the plugin failed.
                  - Bram

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
                  HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
                  PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

Aaargh, this is starting to annoy me! I can't figure out what's wrong.

Path /15001 is still the path to the bulbs, so it should report if the authentication was working. The tradfri app still fails from time to time too, so at least there is that...

I don't know what to suggest... perhaps try to delete the credentials stored in the ini-file?

Comment

Rebooting both the hub & HomeSeer failed to resolve the issue for me. This time I disabled the plugin, rebooted the hub, rebooted HomeSeer, deleted the ini, restarted the plugin & re-entered the details. The lamps are now working again & I didn't have to edit any events.

I should also add that when the plugin is unable to detect any bulbs, pytradfri continues to work, as well as the Tradfri app.

Comment

Hmmm! I don't know how pytradfri handles authentication, but that is apparently the problem here: The hub stopped authenticating the users PSK.

Comment

Yes, I got that in the log file now also
                          ay-24 21:59:21 TradfriSeer ERROR SetPSK -> Failed setting output from payload! Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                          May-24 21:59:16 TradfriSeer No pre shared key exist for hub with key XXM3n...snipped , getting new PSK...
                          May-24 21:59:16 TradfriSeer Debug OnlineCheck() starting... (hub: XXM3n...snipped )
                          - Bram

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Hmm... it looks like the plugin can't save the PSK as it didn't get one from the hub. I don't know why... restart it?

Comment

I did the whole restart cycle again but no succes this time.
                              Would it be an idea to put the source of the plugin online to get some help with this?
                              - Bram

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Originally posted by AshaiRey View Post
                                Would it be an idea to put the source of the plugin online to get some help with this?
                                My experience with open sourcing stuff like that is not great... but I'll think about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X