Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IKEA Tradfri and HomeSeer -> TrådfriSeer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's something that might help

From Gateway version 1.8.25 you can't use original PSK to connect to gateway anymore. You can only use it to create an application secret for your application which you can later reuse with it.

Code:
    // recommended
    // This line should only be called ONCE!!! per applicationName -> you define applicationName as you want
    // Gateway generates one appSecret key per applicationName
    TradfriAuth appSecret = controller.GenerateAppSecret("GatewaySecret", "ApplicationName");

// You should now save programatically appSecret.PSK value (appsettings) and reuse it
    // when connecting to your gateway every other time
    controller.ConnectAppKey(appSecret.PSK, "ApplicationName");

GatewayController gatewayController = controller.GatewayController;
    var devices = await gatewayController.GetDeviceObjects();

DeviceController deviceController = controller.DeviceController;
    await deviceController.SetLight(devices[0], true);
    await deviceController.SetColor(devices[0], TradfriColors.SaturatedRed);

// same works for `controller.GroupController`
    Info source :
    https://github.com/tomidix/CSharpTradFriLibrary
    - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
    HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

Thanks for the find, but TrådfriSeer is already doing that.

But I see the CSharptTradfriLibrary has evolved much, I might implement that instead of doing the heavy lifting myself. So thanks for the tip.
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Since 17. june, my Tradfri does not work with my Homeseer.

Anybody have the same issue?

In the log i see a lot of these: Empty response from Hub with path = /15001

IKEA HUB firmware: 1.8.26
        Tradfri plugin: 0.0.1.11

Comment

Yes, if you look at the last two pages, there's been some problems. It has been suggested to try to set up the plugin again (reset the credentials, etc, or even try to delete "TradfriSeer.ini"). My in-laws are using this plugin extensively, and I've had no problem with their setup.

I suspect that Tradfri has done something during the last update that TradfriSeer does not like. I just have a hard time figuring out what. The empty response on path /15001 means that the plugin can't read from the hub because the hub is not authenticating the plugin (or the IP address is wrong).

My own Tradfri box is still hidden in a box somewhere, we are currently rebuilding the house.
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I've skipped ahead, for forgive me if I missed it.

IKEA has been working on their motorized Z-Wave or Zigbee shades for a while and I've been waiting to see if they have dropped and if anyone has any input on them, their price (per foot, sq/cm) and battery life?

Comment

They should be released in Europe during "this summer", but who knows exactly when that will be. US release this fall, I think. (And they are Zigbee, not Z-wave)

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                They should be released in Europe during "this summer", but who knows exactly when that will be. US release this fall, I think. (And they are Zigbee, not Z-wave)
                Thanks for the info, and now I'm glad I orderer both interfaces (Zigbee and Z-Wave for both of my units)! Future proofing

Comment

It will be end August.
                  Batteries will be charged via usb. How long the blinds will last on one charge I can't find.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190727-220347_Chrome.jpg
Views:	703
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	1318068

Comment

I own a Fyrtur but can't see it in the plugin.
                    Is this correct that the Fyrtur doesn't work with the plugin or do i something wrong?

Comment

Well after a lot of tries i see the fyrtur as a light but i cannot control it
                      any thoughts?

Click image for larger version

Name:	tradfri.JPG
Views:	458
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	1349887

Comment

Originally posted by akatar View Post
                        Well after a lot of tries i see the fyrtur as a light but i cannot control it
                        any thoughts?
                        Yes, I don't think it's supported. But I bought one yesterday...

Comment

great news

Comment

it is possible to add the curtain to the tradfri plugin?

Comment

As far as I can see, it should behave like a bulb.

Comment

As far as I can see, it should behave like a bulb.
                                I know, but it doesn't work

Comment

Working...
                                X