Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECO Link Door sensor tamper alarm reset

Hello,

I am using a ECOLInk DWZWAVE2.5-ECO door sensor and during the install process I tripped the case tamper alarm. Does anyone know how to reset the tamper alarm?

Looking through some other threads here on the board it appears that the EcoLink garage door tilt sensor is similar in that once the tamper alarm is tripped it doesn't reset. However I am also lead to believe that there is a way to reset it from within HomeSeer. I am running a HomeTroller Zee S2.

Thanks,
    Matt

Nobody has a suggestion?

Comment

I have the ecolink tilt sensor.

There is a "reset notifications" column beside the Home Security device that has been created.

Try that - worked for me !
      Neil
      Newmarket Ontario

Comment

Neil,
        Unfortunately the door sensor didn't get that same Reset Notification button that shows up with the tilt sensor.

I wonder if it is possible to create that button and reset the value from 3 to zero?

Comment

Have you tried to do a rescan on the root device then wake the actual device during the rescan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think I tried the rescan without success, however I tried so many things that I don't recall for sure if I tried the re-scan.
            In the end I ended up deleting the node and re-adding it. PIA but it solved that problem. Now the battery is reporting 0%, but that self corrected after a while, hoping it will do the same again.

Comment

No one else has had this problem or figured this out? The tamper switch trips anytime the cover is opened. There seems to be no way to reset it.

The instructions say that "Sensor Case Removed" is configurable by "Notification Set of notification Type 0x07" where "status 0x00 = off" and "status 0xFF = on". How do I configure/set that? I don't understand how I configure/change the sensor condition.

There's also supposed to be a "Sensor Case Fastened" condition, but this doesn't show up in HomeSeer. It says it is configurable via the "wakeup notification command class"....does this mean that the "Case Removed" condition should be reset by a wakeup notification if the case has been fastened by the next wakeup notification? How do I configure wake-up notifications?

Comment

I just got a couple of these door sensors and I tripped one while installing as well.

Anyone figure out how to reset the tamper alert yet?

Comment

I had this once. Have you all tried taking off the cover and remove the battery. Then put HS in a rescan mode for the root and as soon as you do put in the battery in and immediately snap on the cover and make sure it is within a foot of the controller. Also give it a little time to make changes. If rescan times out before you get the battery in and the cover on hit rescan again quickly and let it try again before the sensor goes back to sleep. Hope it works.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
                    I had this once. Have you all tried taking off the cover and remove the battery. Then put HS in a rescan mode for the root and as soon as you do put in the battery in and immediately snap on the cover and make sure it is within a foot of the controller. Also give it a little time to make changes. If rescan times out before you get the battery in and the cover on hit rescan again quickly and let it try again before the sensor goes back to sleep. Hope it works.
                    Nope I haven't tried anything yet. I'll pull it down tomorrow and mess with it.

Comment

I have an Ecolink Door Sensor and it 'came' with Reset Notifications button.
                      The Home Security trips periodically from vibrations or when I am in the mood to open the cover. However, it can always be reset by the Reset Notifications button.

Comment

jeubanks, as Vit mentioned as his having the reset notification button I also see a notification button with mine. That is why I suggested in post #10 how to rescan it. It should have this button and it should have the words "Home Security" in it and a button to the right that says "Reset Notifications". You may have to exclude/include it again. As you know just be within a foot or so if you do.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
                          jeubanks, as Vit mentioned as his having the reset notification button I also see a notification button with mine. That is why I suggested in post #10 how to rescan it. It should have this button and it should have the words "Home Security" in it and a button to the right that says "Reset Notifications". You may have to exclude/include it again. As you know just be within a foot or so if you do.
                          I'll pull it and rescan and exclude/include again and see if that corrects things.

Comment

I did a full exclude and include on one of the ecolink sensors and I got nothing. No reset button for the tamper alert. The rescan also shows nothing new added and the log shows 5 of 5 children scanned and added.

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
                              I did a full exclude and include on one of the ecolink sensors and I got nothing. No reset button for the tamper alert. The rescan also shows nothing new added and the log shows 5 of 5 children scanned and added.
                              This is unusual. Can you throw in a snapshot of the devices created in the UI? Also was the cover on when you included it?

Here is what I have in the UI.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X