• Show
Clear All

Finally, success!

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
    hmmm... quick search found this.. close:
    http://www.elecrow.com/wiki/images/t...0_Hardware.jpg

yellow is signal
    green ground?
    It literally took about 20 tries (each time removing and resetting the device, then adding back the device) over a couple of days to get this working. Just amazing how difficult it can be sometimes to install a new Z-Wave device. Thank you for your help.
    Elliott

EDIT:
    How is the interval set for reporting changes in temperature? Is it the wake up time?
    Last edited by Richel; August 4, 2017, 10:36 AM. Reason: New data
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

i left mine to whatever HS3 setup. Think the temp child device is currently at 22 minutes.

glad you got it working!!!!

Funny, I've been troubleshooting mine for two weeks now. Looks like my probe doesn't work when in the water any longer - works fine if out of the tub. assuming there is a short somewhere. Easy enough to fix with new probe - arriving today.

BTW.... let me know if it reports battery status. this I've always found flakey. in my last round of tests, I get zero here.

Comment

BTW.... let me know if it reports battery status. this I've always found flakey. in my last round of tests, I get zero here.
        Thanks. The battery status updated once about 24 hours ago at 98%. The temperature has been updating, but it updates very slowly. For example, when I was testing it out yesterday, I dropped the probe into a cup of ice in equilibrium with water and it took several minutes to report a lower temperature.

Elliott
        "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
          Thanks. The battery status updated once about 24 hours ago at 98%. The temperature has been updating, but it updates very slowly. For example, when I was testing it out yesterday, I dropped the probe into a cup of ice in equilibrium with water and it took several minutes to report a lower temperature.

Elliott
          that's normal I think... and is fine for me. I just want to know if my hot tub drops in temp before too long so I can figure out what the problem is. I just have an event that says if it goes below 100 degrees, text me. then I can check it out.

Don't really need instantaneous temp for that.

Comment

It literally took about 20 tries (each time removing and resetting the device, then adding back the device) over a couple of days to get this working. Just amazing how difficult it can be sometimes to install a new Z-Wave device. Thank you for your help.
            Elliott

EDIT:
            How is the interval set for reporting changes in temperature? Is it the wake up time?
            I ended up getting a new sensor with the same colored wires as you have. can you confirm
            Data-yellow
            Power-red
            ground-black

Comment

I ended up getting a new sensor with the same colored wires as you have. can you confirm
              Data-yellow
              Power-red
              ground-black
              Well, actually, I have red, green, yellow:
              Red==VCC (+3.0V ~ 5.5V)
              Green==DATA
              Yellow/Black==GND (Ground)

Comment

Well, actually, I have red, green, yellow:
                Red==VCC (+3.0V ~ 5.5V)
                Green==DATA
                Yellow/Black==GND (Ground)
                thanks. that's what I meant.

I seem to be in your loop of trial/error again :-).

Comment

so I finally thought I has this working, but seems super inconsistent... will read for awhile, then just stop.

battery polling at 12 hours
                  temp polling (default) at 20 minutes.

been 3 hours since last temp poll/reading.

this stopped working consistently for me back in July... wonder if it had to do with an update I can't remember.

what version of HS3 and zwave plugin are you using?

Comment

what version of HS3 and zwave plugin are you using?
                    As I wrote before, mine updates very infrequently. Last update was 4 hours ago.
                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.318
                    Z-Wave plugin version 3.0.1.130.

Elliott

Comment

As I wrote before, mine updates very infrequently. Last update was 4 hours ago.
                      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.318
                      Z-Wave plugin version 3.0.1.130.

Elliott
                      just got confirmation from Fibaro..... did NOT know this. Maybe all is well.

You also probably know, but just in case, remember about the fact that device reports the temperature only in case it changes above given limit.
                      The limit is set with parameter 51. Per default, the temperature must change by at least one degree in order to report the value.

Comment

just got confirmation from Fibaro..... did NOT know this. Maybe all is well.

You also probably know, but just in case, remember about the fact that device reports the temperature only in case it changes above given limit.
                        The limit is set with parameter 51. Per default, the temperature must change by at least one degree in order to report the value.
                        Good information to know. Thanks. Elliott

Comment

tested this today and it worked perfectly. took the sensor out of tub... registered temp almost immediately. put back in... same.

wish I had known that 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                          X