Pool temperature sensor for Z-Wave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pool temperature sensor for Z-Wave?

I'd like to be able to monitor my pool temperature through my HS3 and have it send me an hourly email of the temperature.

Doesn't seem like there's much on the market???

The z-wave market needs to come up with a temperature sensor with a remote probe. I've been unable to find one.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

you might look into building a water temp monitor using an arduino
      HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
      Number of Devices: 1005
      Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

This is super easy. I do it for my hot tub. Use a fibaro door/window sensor that you can attach a temp probe to. On phone so cant easily find links.

I just put the probe in a piece of old bike innertube and zip tied both ends and stuck in the cover. Sure you could find another more elegant way.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Comment

Or use the fibaro universal sensor i use them for this purpose
          Regards Bart
          ------------------------------------------
          Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
          HSPRO 3.
          Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
            This is super easy. I do it for my hot tub. Use a fibaro door/window sensor that you can attach a temp probe to. On phone so cant easily find links.

I just put the probe in a piece of old bike innertube and zip tied both ends and stuck in the cover. Sure you could find another more elegant way.
            Could you please send links for this set up? Thank you. Elliott
            "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
            "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
              Could you please send links for this set up? Thank you. Elliott
              Sure. see if this gets you started.
              https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...55&postcount=8

Comment

Thank you!
                "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

I use this floating pool thermometer. Cant find in the US.
                  https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B008FY56IY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works great with RFXCOM
                  Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
                  | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
                  Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
                  BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Need help with setup for Fibaro sensor with DS18B20 temperature sensor

I got the Fibaro door/window sensor along with the temperature sensor. I wired in the temperature sensor and included the Fibaro non-securely (it would not include otherwise). I have 4 devices that were created [1) "Fibaro On/Off sensor; 2) battery; 3) "general purpose alarm"; and 4) "sensor binary"]. There is no temperature device created. I removed the Fibaro and added back again, with the same result. Is there something I need to do in the software to convert one of the devices to a temperature sensor or is the temperature sensor supposed to be created with inclusion as a 5th device?Thanks, Elliott

Comment

I got the Fibaro door/window sensor along with the temperature sensor. I wired in the temperature sensor and included the Fibaro non-securely (it would not include otherwise). I have 4 devices that were created [1) "Fibaro On/Off sensor; 2) battery; 3) "general purpose alarm"; and 4) "sensor binary"]. There is no temperature device created. I removed the Fibaro and added back again, with the same result. Is there something I need to do in the software to convert one of the devices to a temperature sensor or is the temperature sensor supposed to be created with inclusion as a 5th device?Thanks, Elliott
                      Yes... once you connect the probe, you have to reset the device. The instructions are in the manual, as well as on that thread I provided.

Make sure you exclude device again.
                      Then reset per instructions with probe connected.
                      Then reinclude.

Comment

Yes... once you connect the probe, you have to reset the device. The instructions are in the manual, as well as on that thread I provided.

Make sure you exclude device again.
                        Then reset per instructions with probe connected.
                        Then reinclude.
                        Thanks. No matter how many times I followed these instructions (exclude, reset, include), I could not get this device to provide the temperature. It crashed my Z-Net in the process and I had a hard time recovering its function.

Elliott

Comment

I have no idea how or why It would crash your znet. Just to make sure ... this is what you are doing?

exclude device via zwave configuration tab. (you are not just 'deleting' it?) - check in dashboard and make sure device node# is completely gone.

then i'd check my wiring. I found those little wires VERY hard to get into the connectors on the sensor. I'd unhood the probe complete, then reset the device.

Then i'd rehook up the probe again, test by pulling on the wires to make sure they are in, and reset the sensor for a second time.

Then, reinclude and wait a bit.

Reset instructions: (make sure you see the LED blink the way it's supposed to in manual)
                          1) Take off the Sensor's cover and remove battery.
                          2) Touch the Sensor's body with a magnet,
                          3) Insert the battery,
                          4) Remove the magnet from the Sensor's body,
                          5) Remove the battery
                          6) Re-install the battery,
                          7) Reset will be confirmed by double LED blink.

Comment

I have no idea how or why It would crash your znet. Just to make sure ... this is what you are doing? .....
                            Thanks for the quick response. I agree. I don't understand the issue with the Z-Net. In any case, yes, I was removing the device via the Z-Wave plug in and the device number did disappear. I agree about the wiring and I will try a different approach with the wires. By the way, I have the probe with red, yellow, and green wires. I have seen two different assignments for which wire gets connected where. I have tried both. Red is always voltage; but yellow or green is either data or ground. What do you think is correct? Elliott

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. I agree. I don't understand the issue with the Z-Net. In any case, yes, I was removing the device via the Z-Wave plug in and the device number did disappear. I agree about the wiring and I will try a different approach with the wires. By the way, I have the probe with red, yellow, and green wires. I have seen two different assignments for which wire gets connected where. I have tried both. Red is always voltage; but yellow or green is either data or ground. What do you think is correct? Elliott
                              hmmm... quick search found this.. close:
                              http://www.elecrow.com/wiki/images/t...0_Hardware.jpg

yellow is signal
                              green ground?

Comment

Working...
                              X