Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preventing Lights All On at certain time of day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preventing Lights All On at certain time of day?

This morning I discovered that one of my Cooper slave switches had suddenly started broadcasting All On / All Off when i pressed it. Kinda cool, but would have been a problem had anyone still been sleeping. I know it was the Z-wave all on/off cause I shutdown homeseer and it still did it. Tripped the breaker that controls that switch and behaviour returned to normal.

Soooo.... I'd like to prevent it from happening when people ARE sleeping. Superficially it looks like my only option is to set the bedroom switches so that they only respond to All Off (or not at all). Do I have any other options?

Side related issue: I do occasionally do things like tell HomeKit via Siri to "Turn off the basement lights" or "Turn off all the lights", but though I haven't dug a lot, I suspect those don't utilize All On/Off, but rather trigger the specific switches. I have a side issue here that once I said "Turn on the basement lights" and Siri didn't pick up on the word "basement", and POOF everything turned on, including kid's bedroom lights. Fortunately they're strong sleepers. Any theory on a method for preventing that from turning on the bedroom lights on specific switches at certain times of day?
Working...
X