Can Homeseer do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Homeseer do this?

I am nearing the end of a remodel where I was going to use HAI for my automation. But I'm having second and third and fourth thoughts about that. So I'm considering using Homesser but not sure if I will be able to do a few things.

1) I planned to use the Leviton HiFi 8x8 matrix (actually, two of them). Can Homeseer control the HiFi?

2) One thing HAI can't do is integrate a distributed video matrix. Can Homeseer do this?

3) Does Homeseer have 2-way communication with Lutron RadioRa2 lighting? Again, this is something HAI lacks, they only have 1-way which is not ideal.

4) Can Homeseer integrate IP cameras for monitoring?

I'm sure some of these are super basic questions and I have searched online but it's not so easy to find the answers to these very specific questions.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the Homeseer forum uscpsycho. I have seen your posts on Cocoontech.

Here a bit biased as I have used two OmniPro 2 panels since the early 2000's and Homeseer since the late 1990's.

I wrote the same on Cocoontech to you regarding your endeavor 2-3 years ago.

I tinker with much here and basically make use of the interaction between the panels and Homeseer.

Ask your questions about what works with Homeseer and what can work with Homeseer.

Best too to look in the sub forums specific to your questions and ask there relating to your specific needs.

Many folks here have written their own plugins for their unique hardware over the years and provided said plugin free or at a cost aside from base included hardware Homeseer plugins.

The methodology is a bit different from other automation software companies.

I am aware of your 2-3 years of your endeavor. Thinking in the beginning all I mentioned was relating to your base automation infrastructure. IE: laying the ground work for the future.

That said I would encourage you to compare different software automation programs with Homeseer and see what fits the best for you.
    Last edited by Pete; July 8, 2017, 07:20 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Welcome to the HS board. I second Pete's recommendation to search the board for more detailed information about specific options. It's likely that choices based on the assumption that you'd use an HAI controller will not be optimal for use with HS, but it's pretty likely that you can find other paths that offer equivalent or superior performance.
      The built-in search function is not very powerful, but it's easy to use Google to search the HS board:
      https://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181912
      Originally posted by uscpsycho View Post
      1) I planned to use the Leviton HiFi 8x8 matrix (actually, two of them). Can Homeseer control the HiFi?
      I'm not aware of any plug-in for the HiFi 2. I'd recommend Blade's Russound plug-in and a couple of used CAV 6.6s for a wired system or Sonos for a wireless system.
      2) One thing HAI can't do is integrate a distributed video matrix. Can Homeseer do this?
      I have no experience.
      3) Does Homeseer have 2-way communication with Lutron RadioRa2 lighting? Again, this is something HAI lacks, they only have 1-way which is not ideal.
      I believe the plug-in was abandoned with HS2, but I have no direct experience.
      4) Can Homeseer integrate IP cameras for monitoring?
      Yes. I use the Blue-Iris plug-in and it works very well.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
      X