Aeon Labs Aeotec ZW096 Smart Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeon Labs Aeotec ZW096 Smart Switch

I have one of these https://shop.homeseer.com/collection...nt=21088749126 and I have it set up to notifi me when washer cycle is done. When it reaches 0 watts I get an email. It's been working fine for months. For the last 2 weeks I have been getting notifications when not even using it. I check the log and see this. Any idea what could cause this? Is the plug faulty?

HTML Code:
              Jul-12 11:22:12 PM Z-Wave Device: Node 23 Z-Wave Watts Set to 0 (0 Watts) 

Jul-12 11:20:12 PM Z-Wave Device: Node 23 Z-Wave Watts Set to 2097.152 (2097.152   Watts) 

So are you saying you are receiving emails and the washer isn't being used? What wattage is it seeing? It could be that the device bounces off of zero to 1 or two and that would send you an email?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Agreed are you saying that your picture above was when the washer hasn't been used anywhere near that time?

If you getting log readings of watts when its not being used then yes it must be on the switch side.

A little more clarity might help us some more.

Thanks,

Comment

Yes with washer off I just get a split second reading of a wattage and then back to zero. Since event is set to trigger when watt become zero every time this happens I get the notification. First time it happened the wattage reading was over 100,000 so I doubt it was actual

Comment

Originally posted by freeon View Post
          Yes with washer off I just get a split second reading of a wattage and then back to zero. Since event is set to trigger when watt become zero every time this happens I get the notification. First time it happened the wattage reading was over 100,000 so I doubt it was actual
          I would say that sounds like a device issue. You could put in a buffer. Say start a timer or counter only when power has been more then zero for 10min or more. That way you know the machine has been ruining a cycle.

In this case I would probley use a counter to count up, from zero to one only when more then 1 watt for atleast 5-10min. Call this "Washer running" event or something.

Then add to your current event that only when watts goes to zero and counter is at one. Also reset counter to zero during sending announcement to start over again.

This should fix any time the outlet glitches for less then 10 min. Maybe do 5min if the glitch never happens that long.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
            I would say that sounds like a device issue. You could put in a buffer. Say start a timer or counter only when power has been more then zero for 10min or more. That way you know the machine has been ruining a cycle.

In this case I would probley use a counter to count up, from zero to one only when more then 1 watt for atleast 5-10min. Call this "Washer running" event or something.

Then add to your current event that only when watts goes to zero and counter is at one. Also reset counter to zero during sending announcement to start over again.

This should fix any time the outlet glitches for less then 10 min. Maybe do 5min if the glitch never happens that long.
            That could work as a work around. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X