Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by macromark View Post

Thanks for noticing!

Actually, the work is still in progress. The full site should be done in about 2 weeks.
    I agree the new site is looking and working great! But... What about HS4? When do we get to see something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

• I am looking forward to HS4 but not really to spend another $300 to upgrade, not counting all the plugins which probably also require an upgrade fee. It's an expensive system for sure. On the other hand, if we are going to see some very major improvements I might be willing spend the money.

Comment

• Originally posted by mulu View Post
        I am looking forward to HS4 but not really to spend another $300 to upgrade, not counting all the plugins which probably also require an upgrade fee.
        It was confirmed there will be no changes to plugin system for HS4.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tillsy View Post

It was confirmed there will be no changes to plugin system for HS4.
          Well it was said by HSt previously that it would be extended to include more mobile features, but HS3 plugins are supposed to work without modification. They just wouldn’t offer the additional HSmobile benefits.

But at this point it’s not even a given that there will be an HS4.

There has been no response to requests for update in this thread in quite a while. I’m not sure if that means they got busy with other stuff or not, but I certainly thinks it’s possible.

Back when this was discussed a bunch on the previous board in a different thread, before this thread was even started it seemed like we were months away from a beta, or at least screenshots. Now nothing on HSmobile or HS4.

Oh to have an actual road map like so many other products.

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

• Originally posted by jlrichar View Post

But at this point it’s not even a given that there will be an HS4.
            No, it's a given. The engineers have been hard at work on it for quite some time.

There has been no response to requests for update in this thread in quite a while.
            "we're working on it" is not a useful response, sorry! However, we hope to have some meaningful news to share in about 2 weeks.

website | products | support | youtube

Comment

• Thanks for the update. I for one am happy with “we’re working on it.” I realize dates really are tough with software development so some sort of rough estimate is great. Glad to here there really is movement behind the scenes.

Comment

No, it's a given. The engineers have been hard at work on it for quite some time.

"we're working on it" is not a useful response, sorry! However, we hope to have some meaningful news to share in about 2 weeks.
                Thanks for the update. I for one am happy with “we’re working on it.” I realize dates really are tough with software development so some sort of rough estimate is great. Glad to here there really is movement behind the scenes.

Comment

However, we hope to have some meaningful news to share in about 2 weeks.
                  Nerdgasm.
                  My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjh View Post
                    If you download local speech recognition to your phone you can press on the HS logo in HSTouch and give voice commands. No cloud is used for this. Also, we have an API in our JSON where you can feed in text from an external VR and HS will parse it for you. So you can add any VR engine that you like to your plugin. Its all there.

Look for "voicecommand" here:

https://help.homeseer.com/help/HS3SD...ling_with_json

Sounds great BUT: where do I download local speech recognition for my iphone. I searched the app store and came up with nothing. And for us English majors "an API in our JASON" is like Greek. All I want to do is control HS by voice without transmitting over the web. That is one of the selling points of HS -- it isn't web based.

Comment

• Originally posted by JCCccc View Post
                      That is one of the selling points of HS -- it isn't web based.
                      Unfortunately, there is no local option with the processing power to turn spoken words into text reliably. The voice recognition in your phones, Google and Amazon are all cloud based. Google is close to offering local speech processing, so there are solutions on the horizon. They all employ very sophisticated echo and noise cancellation as well as the ability to learn the words you speak. The JSON API that Rich is referring to still requires some sort of VR (Voice Recognition) software that turns spoken words into text. Unfortunately there are no currently available speech to text run locally that work as well as the cloud versions. Windows offers the same one as was introduced under Vista that has improved somewhat and does some learning, but it is still pretty terrible. HS can do some VR natively, but it is far from reliable.
                      Randy Prade
                      Aurora, CO
                      Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

• Originally posted by rprade View Post
                        Unfortunately, there is no local option with the processing power to turn spoken words into text reliably. The voice recognition in your phones, Google and Amazon are all cloud based. Google is close to offering local speech processing, so there are solutions on the horizon. They all employ very sophisticated echo and noise cancellation as well as the ability to learn the words you speak. The JSON API that Rich is referring to still requires some sort of VR (Voice Recognition) software that turns spoken words into text. Unfortunately there are no currently available speech to text run locally that work as well as the cloud versions. Windows offers the same one as was introduced under Vista that has improved somewhat and does some learning, but it is still pretty terrible. HS can do some VR natively, but it is far from reliable.
                        I realize its not going to have the capability of a web based service, but for things like local control of devices on a home automation system it should be doable because the tasks are limited. They are even starting to come out with translation apps that will work when you are not connected to the internet. I would think "turn on the living room lights to 50%" is a lot simpler than that.

Which reminds me, my wife's android can turn the lights on and off by voice command but I can't get it to set the lights to a certain level. Any idea if there is a certain phrasing to use?

Comment

• Originally posted by JCCccc View Post

Which reminds me, my wife's android can turn the lights on and off by voice command but I can't get it to set the lights to a certain level. Any idea if there is a certain phrasing to use?
                          I use the same commands with my Android phone (Pixel 2) that I use with my Google Home, which is sync'd with HomeSeer. I am guessing the commands actually go through the same process from the phone as they do on the Home units. So I can say "Turn on the family room light at 50%" or "Set the family room light to 50%." That is by squeezing the phone, so with the same initiation as I use to send a text or read my notifications.

Comment

• We must be getting close to some HS4/HS mobile news. HSt should send out invitations or something and give an online presentation. Make it dramatic, with a stage lighting affects, and turtlenecks and jeans.

Comment

• Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                              ...and turtlenecks and jeans.
                              Maybe a "Oh yeah, there's one more thing," moment.

Comment

• And we wait.....

Comment

Working...
                                X