HS3 ..2 Big Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Dennis,

This is where you may have an issue. It would normally be just importing the Homeseer database (recall now that we used an old one and it sort of worked).

If your database is corrupt this will cause you grief and you will be back to having issues.

Make another back up of what is working now...IE: shut down Homeseer and copy the Homeseer directory to Homeseer-Bak-NEW.

Then try to import one of your old Homeseer hsd files. See if it boots clean or mangeled.

If it mangled try another hsd file.

If you number of Homeseer devices is relatively small along with events and stuff you might be better recreating them from scratch than trying to fix something that was broken (corrupt database?)

I looked above at your startup log file and you do have a few plugins. Maybe you can import your old database and disable all of your plugins, then enable them one at a time to look for the problem child plugin. It could be one of these that corrupted the database.

Here for Homeseer 3 typically test only one new plugin at a time. There are some where I would delete all of the variables and events related to the plugin and start from scratch. I did this so many times that I would end up memorizing the events and triggers. This gets more difficult when you write events and use triggers from multiple plugins. Well here have two Homeseer set ups and shift the balance of what each one is doing sometimes.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
    X